Did we miss anything in this section? Is there something we didn't discover?
Let us know!
You can receive this quest in one of two ways: by talking to Isabela during the quest
, or by talking to Martin on the southern side of the
When you meet with Martin, he'll tell you that some raiders have stolen his stolen cargo, and he'll ask you to get it back. To help you out, he'll suggest that you search the
, and he'll inform you that his crates bear the seal of the Orlesian port authority. When you eventually accept this task, you'll gain friendship points with Aveline and Isabela.
(during the day), you'll meet a couple of longshoremen (#1). They won't know anything about Martin's cargo, but they'll suggest that you speak to Harbormaster Liam in his "office" (#2). When you talk to Liam, he'll hand you off to his assistant Aden, but Aden will claim not to remember where the cargo is. To get the information, you'll have at most three options:
- If you've been using the aggressive stance in the game, then you'll be able to threaten Aden into telling you where the cargo is. This will gain you rivalry points with Varric.
- You can pay Aden 2 sovereigns to learn the information. This will gain you rivalry points with Aveline.
- If you return to the
Docks at night, then you'll be able to pick up a "dockside redirect" from Liam's desk, which will tell you where to find the cargo. You'll just have to defeat a group of mabari war hounds to reach the desk.
Regardless, you'll learn that Martin's cargo is being held in a warehouse to the east (#3). Outside the warehouse, if you approach it during the day, then you'll run into some raider guards. If you've been using the wry dialogue stance with your character, then you'll be able to trick the guards into running off (unless Merrill is with you). Otherwise, you'll have to fight the guards. If you approach the warehouse at night, then you'll only encounter a single guard out front, and he won't notice when you walk by.
Inside the warehouse, you'll get attacked by a large group of raiders, including an assassin and a reaver. After defeating them, you'll find a
Sample of Martin's Cargo
in a crate on the western side of the warehouse. When you pick it up, one of your companions will probably mention that it's poison. Then when you attempt to leave the warehouse, you'll get attacked by another group of raiders, including another assassin and reaver.
Back in the
tavern, when you report in to Martin, he'll claim that the poison is "legitimate," and he'll demand to know where it is. You'll have three ways to respond:
1 - Longshoremen
2 - Harbormaster's Office
3 - Woodrow's Warehouse
- If you refuse to tell Martin where the poison is, then he'll leave the tavern, and you'll never see him again. This option will net you friendship points with Aveline and rivalry points with Isabela, and you'll earn 400 xp.
- If you demand a bribe from Martin, then he'll pay you 4 sovereigns, and he'll later become a shopkeeper. This option will net you friendship points with Isabela and Varric, and rivalry points with Aveline, and you'll earn 1200 xp.
- If you simply tell Martin where his cargo is, then he'll pay you 2 sovereigns, and he'll later become a shopkeeper. This option will net you friendship points with Isabela and Varric, and you'll earn 800 xp.