Did we miss anything in this section? Is there something we didn't discover?
Let us know!
During the quest
, you'll have to join one of the merchant cartels in Neverwinter. Afterwards, if you ask the representative of the cartel (in the Temple of Waukeen) if he has any work for you, then this is one of the quests he'll give you.
The representative will tell you that a strange individual recently showed up in Neverwinter, and that he might have a worthwhile proposition for you. After the conversation, when you exit the Temple of Waukeen, you'll find Phineas the Sensate standing near the entrance.
Phineas will tell you that he's from the Society of Sensation, and that he's looking for rare resources. There are nine rare resources included in the game, but you'll probably only find eight of them (the only way to get all nine is to side with the dragons and then betray them in the quest Dragon Hunt). Your journal will indicate that Phineas needs all nine resources, but you'll actually be able to complete the quest by bringing him only eight of them.
The rare resources and where to find them are listed below:
- Adamantine. You can buy this at Leilon.
- Cold Iron. You'll be able to buy this at Phandalin after completing the quest
The Cold Iron Mining Company.
- Darksteel. You'll be able to buy this at Conyberry after completing the quest
- Harvest Mead / Dragon Mead. You'll be able to buy this at West Harbor after completing the quest
- Knucklehead Ivory. You'll be able to buy this at Port Llast after completing the quest
The Wrath of Umberlee or the quest
Army of the Dead.
- Mithral. You can buy this at Highcliff.
- Salt. You'll be able to buy this in Torich (in Samarach) after completing the quest
Into the Salt Mines.
- Zalantar. You can buy this at Thundertree or at New Leaf.
When you bring Phineas three rare resources, he'll reward you with 500 trade bars. When you bring him three more rare resources, he'll reward you with 500 more trade bars. When you bring him the final two rare resources, he'll once again reward you with 500 trade bars, but this time he'll also give you 1400 xp and a
. If you activate the
and then play around with it, you'll experience somebody else's memories, and you'll gain 2000 xp.