The archer is the epitome of skill with the bow. He is the ultimate marksman, able to make almost any shot, no matter how difficult. To become so skilled with the bow, the archer has had to sacrifice some of his proficiency with melee weapons and armour.
: Human, Half-Elf, Elf
: Strength (13 Minimum), Dexterity (13 Minimum), Constitution (14 Minimum), Wisdom (14 Minimum)
: The Archer can acquire a cabin in the Umar Hills as his stronghold. See our Ranger Quests
section for more information.
- Missile weapon bonus (+1 bonus to hit and damage for every 3 levels)
- Called Shot once per day for every 4 levels (lasts 10 seconds, hits induce: 4th level -1 THAC0 of target, 8th level -1 Save vs. Magic of target, 12th level -1 Strength of target, 16th level +2 damage bonus)
- Racial Enemy (+4 to hit)
- Stealth, Charm Person, Charm Mammal
- Spell casting starts at level 8 with level 1 Priest spells
- Can only be proficient (+) in melee weapons
- Cannot wear metal armor
- Must maintain Good alignment
- If party reputation drops below 4, becomes a Fallen Ranger, loses all Ranger abilities, and is the equivelant of a Fighter (cannot regain Ranger status)
Possible High-Level Abilities
Greater Whirlwind Attack