Mages that specialise in a specific school of magic are allowed to memorise an extra spell of each level (once they are able to use spells of the appropriate level). They are prohibited from learning spells in their opposition schools, and cannot be combined in a multi-class character (though gnomish characters can become Fighter/Illusionists). Human specialist mages can dual class if they wish.
Abjurer: A mage who specialises in protective magics.
Conjurer: A mage who specialises in creating creatures and objects to assist him.
Diviner: A mage who specialises in detection and divining magics.
Enchanter: A mage who specialises in manipulating the minds of sentient beings.
Illusionist: A mage who specialises in creating illusions to confuse and mislead.
Invoker: A mage who specialises in Invocation/Evocation magic.
Necromancer: A mage who specialises in magic dealing with death.
Transmuter: A mage who specialises in magic that alters physical reality.
: Human, Elf, Half-Elf, Gnome
: Intelligence (9 Minimum)
: The Specialist Mage can acquire the Planar Sphere in the Slums District as his stronghold. See our Mage Quests
section for more information.
- Spell casting
- Can memorize one extra spell per level
- Cannot wear any armor
- Can only wield Daggers, Staves, Darts, and Slings
- Abjurer: Cannot scribe/cast Alteration spells
- Conjurer: Cannot scribe/cast Divination spells
- Diviner: Cannot scribe/cast Conjuration spells
- Enchanter: Cannot scribe/cast Invocation spells
- Illusionist: Cannot scribe/cast Necromancy spells
- Invoker: Cannot scribe/cast Enchantment/Conjuration spells
- Necromancer: Cannot scribe/cast Illusion spells
- Transmuter: Cannot scribe/cast Abjuration spells
Possible High-Level Abilities
Additional Level 6 Spell
Additional Level 7 Spell
Additional Level 8 Spell
Summon Dark Planetar