|It is rumoured that the magical powers of sorcerers and bards are somehow connected to the presence of dragon blood in their family tree. Red Dragon Disciples are sorcerers, and sometimes bards, who use their magical power as a catalyst to ignite their red dragon blood, realizing its fullest potential. They prefer a life of exploration to a cloistered existence. Already adept at magic, many pursue adventure, especially if it furthers their goal of finding out more about their draconic heritage. They often feel drawn to areas known to harbour dragons.
• Skills: Lore 8 ranks
• Class: Bard or Sorcerer
• Hit Die: d12
• Base Attack Bonus: Medium
• High Saves: Fortitude and Will
• Weapon Proficiencies: None
• Armor Proficiencies: None
• Skill Points: 2 + Int modifier
• Class Skills: Concentration, Craft Alchemy, Craft Armor, Craft Trap, Craft Weapon, Diplomacy, Listen, Lore, Parry, Search, Spellcraft, and Spot.
• Natural Armor Increase: At 1st level, the red dragon disciple's skin toughens and begins to grow scaly, granting him a +1 natural armor bonus to AC. This bonus improves to +2 at 4th level, +3 at 7th level, and +4 at 10th level.
• Draconic Ability Scores: As the red dragon disciple's oneness with his draconic blood increases, his ability scores improve significantly. At 2nd level, he gains a +2 to Strength. At 4th level, this bonus increases to +4. At 7th level, the red dragon disciple gains a +2 to Constitution, and at 8th level he gains +2 Intelligence. Finally, at 10th level, he gains an additional +4 bonus to Strength (for a total of +8).
• Breath Weapon: At 3rd level, the red dragon disciple gains the ability to breathe a cone of fire that deals 2d10 points of damage to all creatures within its area. This damage increases to 4d10 at 7th level and 6d10 at 10th level. Targets may make a Reflex save (DC 10 + 1/2 the red dragon disciple's class level + the character's Charisma bonus). This ability may be used once per day.
• Blind-Fight: At 5th level, the red dragon disciple gains the ability to fight well, even if blinded or against invisible creatures. A character with this ability gets to reroll her miss chance percentile one time to see if she actually hits. Furthermore, invisible creatures get no bonus to hit the character in melee.
• Half-Dragon: At 10th level, the red dragon disciple's transformation is complete. He becomes a half-dragon and gains darkvision as well as immunity to sleep, paralysis, and fire.