|A blackguard epitomizes evil. He is nothing short of a mortal fiend, a black knight with the foulest sort of reputation. A blackguard is an evil villain of the first order, equivalent in power to the righteous paladin, but devoted to the powers of darkness. No one class makes the best blackguard — all that is required is a willingness to serve the forces of darkness.
· Alignment: Any evil.
· Base Attack Bonus: +6
· Skills: Hide 5 ranks
· Feats: Cleave and Power Attack
· Hit Die: d10
· Base Attack Bonus: High
· High Saves: Fortitude
· Weapon Proficiencies: Simple and martial weapons.
· Armor Proficiencies: All types of armor (light, medium, and heavy) and shields (except for tower shields).
· Skill Points: 2 + Int modifier.
· Class Skills: Concentration, Craft Armor, Craft Trap, Craft Weapon, Diplomacy, Heal, Hide, Intimidate, Lore, and Parry.
· Smite Good: Once a day, a blackguard of 2nd level or higher may attempt to smite a good-aligned enemy with one normal melee attack. The blackguard adds their Charisma bonus to the attack roll and adds 1 extra point of damage per class level.
· Dark Blessing: At 2nd level, the blackguard adds his Charisma bonus to all saving throws.
· Aura of Despair: Beginning at 3rd level, the blackguard radiates a malign aura that causes enemies within 10 feet of him to take a -2 penalty on all saving throws.
· Turn Undead: At 3rd level, the blackguard gains the ability to rebuke or destroy undead as a paladin of his class level.
· Create Undead: At 3rd level, the blackguard can use create undead as a spell-like ability once per day.
· Summon Fiend: At 5th level, the blackguard can summon a fiendish animal servant.
· Sneak Attack: At 4th level, the blackguard gains the sneak attack ability. This ability functions exactly like the rogue ability of the same name. The bonus damage is +1d6 at 4th level, +2d6 at 7th level, and +3d6 at 9th level.
· Spells: At 2nd level, the blackguard gains the ability to cast bull's strength once per day. At 6th level, he may also cast inflict serious wounds once per day. At 7th level, the blackguard gains the ability to cast contagion once per day, and at 8th level, he may cast inflict critical wounds once per day.