|The fury of a storm, the gentle strength of the morning sun, the cunning of the fox, the power of the bear—all these and more are at the druid's command. The druid, however, claims no mastery over nature. That claim, she says, is the empty boast of a city dweller. The druid gains her power not by ruling nature but by being at one with it. To trespassers in a druid's sacred grove, and to those who feel her wrath, the distinction is overly fine. Druids cast divine spells much the same way clerics do, though most get their spells from the power of nature rather than from deities. Their spells are oriented toward nature and animals. In addition to spells, druids gain an increasing array of magical powers, including the ability to take the shapes of animals.
· Alignment Restrictions: Any neutral - druids, in keeping with nature's ultimate indifference, must maintain at least some measure of dispassion.
· Hit Die: d8
· Base Attack Bonus: Medium
· High Saves: Fortitude and Will
· Weapon Proficiencies: Druids are proficient with the following weapons: club, dagger, dart, quarterstaff, scimitar, sickle, shortspear, sling, and spear. They are also proficient with all natural attacks (claw, bite, and so forth) of any form they assume with wild shape.
· Armor Proficiencies: Light and medium as well as shield (except for tower shields).
· Class Skills: Concentration, Craft Alchemy, Diplomacy, Heal, Listen, Lore, Parry, Spellcraft, Spot, and Survival.
· Spells: A druid casts divine spells, which are drawn from the druid spell list. A druid must choose and prepare her spells in advance. To prepare or cast a spell, the druid must have a Wisdom score equal to at least 10 + the spell level (Wis 10 for 0-level spells, Wis 11 for 1st level spells, and so forth).
· Spontaneous Casting: A druid can channel stored spell energy into summoning spells that she hasn't prepared ahead of time. She can "lose" a prepared spell in order to cast any summon monster spell of the same level or lower.
· Animal Companion: A druid begins the game with an animal companion.
· Nature Sense: A druid gains a +2 bonus to Survival and a +2 bonus to Search and Spot while in wilderness areas.
· Woodland Stride: Starting at 2nd level, a druid gains a +10% movement increase when in outdoor, natural environments.
· Trackless Step: At 3rd level, a druid gains a +4 competence bonus to Hide and Move Silently checks when in wilderness areas.
· Resist Nature's Lure: Starting at 4th level, a druid gains a +2 bonus on saving throws against all Fear spells and effects.
· Wild Shape: At 5th level, a druid gains the ability to turn herself into an animal and back again once per day. A druid can use this ability more times per day at 6th, 7th, 10th, 14th, and 18th level. At 16th level, a druid becomes able to use wild shape to change into an elemental (air, earth, fire, or water) once per day. These elemental forms are in addition to her normal wild shape usage. In addition to the normal effects of wild shape, the druid gains all the elemental's extraordinary, supernatural, and spell-like abilities. At 18th level, a druid becomes able to assume elemental form twice per day, and at 20th level she can do so three times per day.
· Venom Immunity: At 9th level, a druid gains immunity to all poisons.
Epic Level Benefits [MotB Only]
· New feats are gained every other level instead of every third level (levels 21, 23, 25, 27, 29). These feats are in addition to the bonus feats for specific classes.
· Ability score improvements continue every 4 levels (levels 24, 28).
· Base Attack Bonus and Base Saves continue as normal.
· Additional attacks per round with every 5 points of Base Attack Bonus, unlike in tabletop D&D where the base number of attacks is capped at 4.
· +1 DC to all spells every third epic level (23, 26, 29).
· Caster level = class level.
· +1 Wild Shape per day at levels 22, 26, 30 (every 4 levels).
· The druid's animal companion continues to improve:
21-23 +14 HD +14 Natural Armor +7 Str/Dex
24-26 +16 HD +16 Natural Armor +8 Str/Dex
27-29 +18 HD +18 Natural Armor +9 Str/Dex
30-33 +20 HD +20 Natural Armor +10 Str/Dex
34-36 +22 HD +22 Natural Armor +11 Str/Dex
· +1 feat at levels 24, 28 (every 4 levels).