|A divine champion is the strong arm of her deity. She serves as a guardian of holy sites, a protector of pilgrims, and a leader of crusaders. Though paladins fill these roles in many good-aligned churches, a divine champion can take up the banner of any deity, regardless of alignment or ethos. Rivalries between divine champions of opposing faiths have been the stuff of legends told by bards for centuries. These holy warriors are loved by their patron's worshippers and hated by the church's enemies in equal measure.
Most divine champions come from a combat or militant background. Barbarians, fighters, paladins and rangers are the most common candidates, though monks, clerics and the more militant druids frequently pursue this path as well.
· Base Attack Bonus: +7
· Feats: Weapon Focus (Any)
· Hit Die: d10
· Base Attack Bonus: High
· High Saves: Fortitude
· Weapon Proficiencies: Simple and martial weapons
· Armor Proficiencies: None
· Skill Points: 2 + Int modifier
· Class Skills: Craft Alchemy, Craft Armor, Craft Trap, Craft Weapon, Lore, and Parry.
· Lay on Hands: Once per day, a 1st level divine champion may lay on hands to heal damage equal to his Charisma bonus x his divine champion level. If the character already has a lay on hands ability (for example, thanks to paladin levels), his divine champion level and his class level in whatever other class gives him the lay on hands ability stack.
· Bonus Feat: At 2nd level, the divine champion may select a bonus feat from the following list: Blind Fight, Combat Expertise, Dodge, Exotic Weapon Proficiency, Extra Turning, Improved Combat Expertise, Improved Critical (any), Improved Initiative, Improved Parry, Weapon Focus (any). At his 4th, 6th, 8th, and 10th levels, the divine champion may choose another bonus feat from this list.
· Sacred Defense: A divine champion of 2nd level gains a +1 sacred bonus on all saves. This bonus increases to +2 at 4th level, +3 at 6th level, +4 at 8th level, and +5 at 10th level.
· Smite Infidel: At 3rd level, the divine champion gains the ability to make a special attack against creatures of differing Good/Evil alignments. WHen using Smite Infidel, the divine champion applies his Charisma modifier to their attack roll, and his class level to the damage delivered. Smite Infidel may be used once per day.
· Divine Wrath: At 5th level, once per day, the divine champion is capable of channeling the awesome fury of his patron deity, granting him considerable bonuses in combat. He gains damage reduction 5/- and a +3 sacred bonus on attack rolls, weapon damage, and saving throws. The divine fury lasts for one round per point of Charisma bonus the divine champion has.