|Master of the elven warbands, the arcane archer is a warrior skilled in using magic to supplement her combat prowess. Beyond the woods, arcane archers gain renown throughout entire kingdoms for their supernatural accuracy with a bow and their ability to imbue their arrows with magic. In a group, they can strike fear into an entire enemy army.
Fighters, rangers, paladins, and barbarians become arcane archers to add a little magic to their combat abilities. Conversely, wizards and sorcerers may take this prestige class to add combat capabilities to their repertoire. Monks, clerics, druids, rogues, and bards rarely become arcane archers.
• Race: Elf or Half-Elf
• Base Attack Bonus: +6
• Feats: Point Blank Shot, Weapon Focus (Longbow or Shortbow).
• Spellcasting: Ability to cast 1st level arcane spells.
• Hit Die: d8
• Base Attack Bonus: High
• High Saves: Fortitude and Reflex
• Weapon Proficiencies: Simple and martial weapons
• Armor Proficiencies: Light and medium armor and all shields (excluding tower shields)
• Skill Points: 4 + Int modifier
• Class Skills: Craft Alchemy, Craft Weapon, Heal, Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Spot, and Survival
• Enhance Arrow: Beginning at 1st level, the arcane archer imbues every arrow she fires with an enhancement bonus. This bonus is +1 at 1st level, +2 at 3rd level, +3 at 5th level, +4 at 7th level, and +5 at 9th level.
• Imbue Arrow: Three times per day, a 2nd level arcane archer may choose to fire a special arrow imbued with the fireball spell. When the arrow hits its target, the fireball spell detonates from that point, inflicting damage as per the spell as though it were cast by a wizard of the arcane archer's class level.
• Seeker Arrow: Once per day, a 3rd level arcane archer may fire an arrow that unerringly flies to its target, ignoring any and all cover, concealment, or other factors. When this ability is used, no attack roll is made; the target is automatically hit and takes damage as normal. At 6th level, this ability may be used twice per day.
• Hail of Arrows: At 8th level, the arcane archer gains the ability to perform this special ability, which automatically fires one arrow at every target within range as a full-round action. This ability may be used once per day.
• Arrow of Death: The pinnacle of the arcane archer's ability, at 10th level she may fire a special arrow imbued with powerful necromantic magic. If the target is hit, it must immediately make a Fortitude save (DC 20) or be slain. Even if it passes its saving throw, it takes damage from the arrow as normal. This ability may be used once per day.