Dak'kon is a githzerai, one of the tight-lipped people of Limbo. His skin is yellow and lined; he appears to be old, and pain haunts his small black eyes. He carries a blade of strange metal.
You can convince Dak'kon to join your party when you meet up with him in the Smoldering Corpse Bar in the southeast portion of the Hive.
Dak'kon Zerth Armor
Dak'kon's Zerth Blade
My past is not known to you. It is not my will that you should know it.
Know that I bear the scars of one who has travelled the Planes. Know that I have never rested long in any one place. Know that I bear the weight of one who has travelled far to be in this place.
Know that I am a Githzerai. Know that I am of the people of Zerthimon.
It was Zerthimon who knew the Githzerai before we knew ourselves. He knew what had to be done to free us. From his knowing, came action. From his knowing, freedom was born. The Githzerai ceased to be slaves and became a people.
Know that I follow the Unbroken Circle of Zerthimon. His words are known to me. His heart is known to me.
All that remains is that I know myself.
Dak'kon is the source of several important conversations. Here's a list of the most rewarding dialogue:
If you raise Dak'kon in the final battle, and you have unlocked the eighth circle (and hence he has pronounced two deaths as one), you can remind him of it. This will give Dak'kon 2,000,000 experience points, heal him, and give him an additional +1 strength, +3 dexterity, and +3 constitution.
- First of all, just getting Dak'kon to join you is worth 1000 experience points.
- Identifying Dak'kon as a slave is worth 3000 experience points. You can do this by listening to him talk to another githzerai if your wisdom is high enough and asking him about the conversation. Or, if you find your previous incarnation's arm and talk to Fell about it, you can ask Dak'kon if he was the slave. Finally, Ravel will point it out to you if you still don't know.
- If you find your arm in the crypt and take it to Fell, you can have Dak'kon translate for you, and then ask him about the four that traveled with you. This will lead to you finding out about Xachariah for 3000 experience points. He will refuse to say anything more while you are in the tattoo parlor, though.
- Mages get the most goodies from Dak'kon:
- If your wisdom is higher than 11, you can study the First Circle of Zerthimon for 300 experience points.
- If your wisdom is higher than 11, you can study the second circle of Zerthimon for 600 experience points and the Second Circle of Zerthimon, which teaches you the spell Scripture of Steel.
- If your wisdom is higher than 13, you can study the third circle of Zerthimon for 900 experience points and the Third Circle of Zerthimon, which teaches you the spell Submerge the Will.
- If your wisdom is higher than 14, you can study the fourth circle of Zerthimon for 1500 experience points and the Fourth Circle of Zerthimon, which teaches you the spell Vilquar's Eye.
- If your wisdom is higher than 15, you can study the fifth circle of Zerthimon for 3000 experience points and the Fifth Circle of Zerthimon, which teaches you the spell Power of One.
- If your wisdom is higher than 17, you can study the sixth circle of Zerthimon for 5000 experience points and two Sixth Circle of Zerthimons (one for you, one for Dak'kon), which teaches you the spell Balance in all Things.
- If your wisdom is higher than 18 and your intelligence higher than 15, you can study the seventh circle of Zerthimon for 8000 experience points and two Seventh Circle of Zerthimons (one for you, one for Dak'kon), which teaches you the spell Missile of Patience.
- If your wisdom is higher than 18 and your intelligence higher than 18, you can study the eighth circle of Zerthimon for 16,000 experience points for you and an additional 10,000 experience points for Dakkon. This also gives you two Eighth Circle of Zerthimons (one for you, one for Dak'kon), which teaches you the spell Zerthimon's Focus. Finally, doing this gives Dak'kon a +1 to strength, a +2 to dexterity, and a +2 to constitution.