Humans and elves sometimes wed, the elf attracted to the human's energy and the
human to the elf 's grace. These marriages end quickly because a human's life is so
brief (compared to an elf 's life span of hundreds of years), but they leave an
enduring legacy -- half-elf children. The life of a half-elf can be hard. Most find
places for themselves eventually in human lands, but some feel like outsiders all
Half-elves range from under 5 feet to about 6 feet tall and weigh from 100 to
180 pounds. Half-elf men are slightly taller and heavier than half-elf women. A
half-elf reaches adulthood at age 20 and can live to be more than 180 years old.
Half-elves share the chaotic bent of their elven heritage, but, like humans, they
tend toward good and evil in equal proportion. Like elves, they value personal
freedom and creative expression, demonstrating neither love of leaders nor desire
for followers. They chafe at rules, resent others' demands and sometimes prove
unreliable, or at least unpredictable.
Half-elves raised among elves follow elven deities, principally Correlon Larethian.
Those raised among humans follow Ehlonna.
- Medium: As Medium creatures, half-elves have no special bonuses or penalties
due to their size.
- Half-elf base land speed is 30 feet.
- Immunity to sleep spells and similar magical effects and a +2 racial bonus on
saving throws vs. enchantment spells or effects.
- +1 racial bonus on Listen, Search and Spot checks: A half-elf does not have the
elf 's ability to notice secret doors simply by passing near them.
- +2 racial bonus on Diplomacy and Gather Information checks.
- Favored Class: Any. When determining whether a multiclass half-elf takes an
experience point penalty, her highest-level class does not count.