Category: News ArchiveHits: 1746
At this point, System Shock Remastered Edition not getting delayed should be your cue to go to the nearest window to check if the sky was still blue. As such, while this here Kickstarter update announces a release date for Nightdive Studios' remaster, it puts it on May 30, 2023 instead of the previously expected March 2023 release.
At the same time, we can now pre-order the game on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store, which will also give us a free copy of System Shock 2: Enhanced Edition. The game's closed beta has also been updated. You'll find the patch notes below along with some additional details:
We have two big announcements we wanted to share with you all today.
ANNOUNCEMENT #1: The Global Release Date For System Shock will be May 30th, 2023
That date will apply to the game's release on all major PC platforms, including Steam, GOG and the Epic Games Store.
A note from our publisher Plaion, "We had hoped to bring the game to market by the end of March but that turned out to be just beyond our reach; we are after all merely human (unlike Shodan!)”
The PC edition of System Shock is available to pre-order via Steam, GOG and the Epic Games Store - and includes a free copy of the upcoming System Shock 2: Enhanced Edition for all early buyers. The newly released Steam Next Fest playable demo can be found on the respective storefronts.
Console editions of System Shock will release on PlayStation 4|5 and Xbox One and Series S|X in due course; more details on this when we have them.
One last thing hacker, SHODAN Will Be Ready To Deal With You All Very Soon…
ANNOUNCEMENT #2: The Closed Beta Has Been Updated
As of today, we launched a new version of the Closed Beta with the following fixes outlined in the changelog below:
# Major Fixes
# Minor Fixes
- Fixed Softlock on the Bridge destruction sequence on the Elevator ride between Security and Bridge
That’s all for now!
- Fixed missing Diego's head in the opening cutscene
- Fixed memory leak with audio components
- Fix for enemies not detecting the player when taking damage
- Deleted an old SHODAN e-mail volume from the Flight Deck for the Escape Sequence
- Fix for Cyberspace projectiles not de-spawning when leaving Cyberspace
- Possible fix for the Enviro-Pack protection still protecting the user while the user was out of energy
- Added a gameplay option to enable/disable reloading with batteries
- Fix for music volume being adjusted when the UI volume changed
- Fix for Medkits not stacking properly when rotated
- Fixed stashed weapons not initializing weapon modifications properly
- Preventing autosave when the player is threatened by an explosion
- Fix for picked up items not properly auto-slotting onto stacks of rotated items.
- Make sure the player is alive when the delayed autosave is triggered.
- Made explosive threat check into a helper function so that it can potentially be reused, possibly for saves.
- Cyberspace Vista map now works Increased protection on enviro-pack V2 from 83 to 88. Added a slow energy drain rate when the enviro-pack is activated
- Adjusted bio-poisoning damage tick rate curve, making it slower to tick damage across the board
- Fix float round-off error in weapon screen materials.
- Fix for lock state changed event not being called when a repulsor lift initialized and security was below threshold
- Fix for pickup animations not playing under certain conditions on items looted from crates/corpses
- The Enviro-pack now grants organic resist: 50% for V1, and 75% for V2. It drains energy equal to half the damage resisted, rounded up Properly update organic resist value when enviro-pack is upgraded
- Check validity of source character in OnTakeDamage.
- Fix it so that melee weapons always use the anim curve vector for impulse direction
- Made physical melee attacks twice as effective at staggering enemies
-Team Nightdive Studios