Category: News ArchiveHits: 434
Obsession's Gaze, the latest early access update for Red Hook Studios' Darkest Dungeon II, is now live on the experimental branch. The update introduces Hero Goals as a new mechanic, makes the game's regions more varied, tweaks some numbers, and fixes a decent number of bugs.
Here are the update notes:
New Confession: Obsession
Experimental build - 0.17.40018
A new Confession has been added, and with it, Ordainment modifiers, a new Mountain Boss and associated narrative content.
- Each hero, when generated at the Crossroads, will have a personal goal.
- If you complete a hero’s goal, it awards candles at expedition end in value shown on the goal. The more difficult the goal, the better the candle reward.
- Candles gained from completing hero goals are kept even when the expedition is failed mid-region or abandoned!
- Initially, all of your heroes will generate very easy (“tutorial”) goals. As you complete goals, This will open up the standard pool of easy, medium, and hard goals.
- Goals persist for that expedition only. When a new expedition is started, new goals are generated.
- Tip: hero goals are very useful for farming candles
- Each region has been updated with enhanced visuals and a distinct sub-biome to enhance immersion and create more variety in your journey!
- The Sprawl: Keep a steady hand on the reins as you guide your coach through sewer sections clogged with offal and melted fat.
- The Tangle: Plunge down between the roots of the great trees - a suffocating respite from the rain.
- The Foetor: Withered fields and muddy road sections create a claustrophobic contrast to the open grazing lands.
- The Shroud: Small islets stacked with rotting coral break up your route over the unsteady piers.
- Added 10 new Region Modifiers
- Strategic Plan: +33% Battle Advantage Chance
- Heavy Winds: -20 Max Flame
- Big Game: +100% Creature Den Scouting & +200% Creature Den chance
- Non-damaging Bounty Hunter skills no longer count towards preventing stall penalties
- Relationship Act Out attacks will no longer consume Strength or CRIT tokens
- Altars can now use the Altar of Obsession skill during the relevant Confession
- Altar: Altar of Denial can now grant up to 2 Stealth tokens instead of only 1
- Altar: Bone Weaving removes Blind tokens if the Confession is Obsession
- Cherub: Brisk Bedevilment now moves the Cherub back 1 rank, not 2
- Evangelist: Rush Judgement now moves the Evangelist forward 1 rank, not 2
- Reduced chance of "out of position" attacks generating Worship to 33% from 60%
- Heroes now have a low chance of healing 1 stress when the fog lifts
- Added heaps, oodles, tons of new Academic lines to the game.
- Added spawning ground miss sfx, altar ui revisions
- Some Stagecoach items were improperly categorized rarity-wise (which impacts draw chances and also prices) and/or had incorrect rarity border display. These have been corrected. Items affected: Super Storage Trunk, Medicine Chest, Medical Equipment, Iron Brazier, Academic's Map, Chirurgeon's Map, Leaf Suspension, Worktable Loom, Mortar and Pestle, Blueprint Tubes, Assay Gear, Icebox, Whiskey Still, Alchemical Gear, Windchimes
- Adjusted camera position for the Protege’s house and the confession screen at the start of a run
- Added a button to toggle the new Region Goals panel - G
- Fixed an issue with double-click looting breaking the UI
- Fix to health max buffs not working on invalidated but preserved memory heroes.
- Remove delay on banter effects to fix soft lock when hitting node mid banter, now the effects and barks will fire simultaneously, even if the bark is cut off when entering a node/combat/etc
- Fixed an issue where tutorial archives scrolls when selecting entries to view
- Various graphical issue fixes
- Fixed an issue where the path tab for heroes at the crossroads was disabled if they had memories
- Enabled the region goal panel to be accessible in the Sluice/Valley/Mountain
- Added candle reward tooltips on hero goal UI
- Fixed an issue with Hero ribbons swapping positions rapidly
- Increment the run survive count on memoried heroes in the party when invalidating saves mid run
- Removed the use of ‘99 tokens’ in tooltips and replaced with all or every given the context
- Fixes an issue in the inn where a hero would stop animating
- Fixes some Inn Item drag and drop issues
- Fixes mouse-over issues in the story screen
- Fixes for Riposte timelines stalling and softlocking the game
- Fixes inconsistent lighting in the Results screen
- Fixed Altar of hope watchtower speed buff showing up in a source tooltip
- Tooltip position cleanup
- Fixed an issue where dot tooltips appear empty initially
- Fixed an issue where Tooltips jump on initial open in mastery trainer
- Stagecoach max speeds and accelerations increased by 10% (except narration panel movement vars)
- Full stacked inventory items have a gold colored quantity label