Remember when we told you about GrapeOcean Technologies' party-based and Infinity Engine-inspired CRPG Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness, as well as their plans to crowdfund the game, way back in 2015? It seems the team has finally reached a point where bringing the game to Kickstarter was viable, as it has recently launched on the service with a funding goal of just under $60,000. As they've already surpassed $46,000, that seems more than doable for a game that should interest all of us Infinity Engine series fans:
Inspired by Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale and other classics, Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness is an isometric, party-based, single-player RPG set in the new fantasy world of Yerengal. The story focuses on Isilmerald, the largest, most racially diverse kingdom in Yerengal ruled by a human lineage. The game is coming to Windows, Mac and Linux on Steam and GoG. Key features include:
The funding levels indicate a ship date of August 2019, so there's at least a year left of waiting for this one.
• Greed. It's spreading all the time in the kingdom, directly affecting gameplay. You can slow this process with your actions—or speed it up if you prefer.
• Party of up to 5 characters. You start with a single protagonist. Additional NPCs join you later if you choose to accept them. Every NPC boasts a rich, complex personality and past.
• Choose from several races, classes and skills during character generation.
• Real-time-with-pause (RTwP) gameplay: pause the game at any time.
• Rich lore and storyline. Hundreds of quests.
• Tactical combat. Powerful magic. Clear, slot-based spell system.
• Deep NPC interactions. Complex dialogues and persuasion.
• Hand-made, beautiful graphics.
• Free-roaming exploration in wilderness and subterranean areas.