Category: News ArchiveHits: 1995
During Beamdog's latest Twitch stream, Trent Oster and Phil Daigle spent an hour or so talking about the recently released Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Head Start update and answering some NWN:EE-related questions. They also shared some news about the upcoming 2.5 patch for the previous Enhanced Editions. You can check out the entire thing below:
Alternatively, you can find a summary of what was said there on the Beamblog. Have a look:
Here's a quick summary of the highlights from today’s livestream:
- The ultimate plan is to do weekly patches for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Head Start.
- The new patch is already live, featuring a maximum texture memory increase, an option to hide helmets & equipment, the improvement of water shaders, as well as bug fixes
- The open beta for the 2.5 patch for Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition will start next week and will be available at Beamdog, Steam and GooglePlay
- The patch 2.5 open beta will run over the holidays, with the final release arriving in 2018 across all stores and platforms
- Instructions on how to join the beta will be released next week
- If you purchase NWN:EE and then decide to get the Digital Deluxe, it’s possible to upgrade - just send a message to our support (support[at]beamdog.com)
- The Spanish version of NWN will be updated for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition (no promises for this to happen at the game’s release though, but eventually it will happen) ADDITION: The team is also doing the same for French, German, Italian, and Polish.
- Down the road, we will be adding new resources and content to Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition, possibly in the form of new modules
- Resizing characters (scaling) is something to look forward to in the weeks to come
- UI in Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition is something we’d like to work on, but no exact timelines can be given
- A spell bar like in NWN 2 – this comes down to the work on the UI in NWN:EE
- Tweaking balance in Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition: only if something is very unbalanced, then it’s a bug and should be fixed
- Quickloot bar in Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition: it’s something we’ll checking out how to do and we’d like to hear the community’s feedback on it
- Extending classes in Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition: we wish to enable to extend classes to some degree, but this is a long-term thing
- We plan to join some existing PW servers during future livestreams, so you’ll be able to play with Phillip Daigle as he constantly dies!