Tier 1 (Requires Elemental 1 and Intelligence 15)
Tier 2 (Requires Elemental 5 and Intelligence 20)
- Draw Water: Draws water from the humidity in the air and uses it to fill any water skins in the caster's inventory. The spell draws 8 ounces (0.5 pounds) of water per casting level.
- Element Armor: Gives the caster an increased level of protection from the elements (fire, cold, electricity). The effect of the spell is +10% resistance to elements per casting level. The duration is 75 turns.
- Fire Dart: Causes a searing hot ember to shoot from the caster's hands towards the target. The effect is 2-4 hit points of fire damage per casting level.
- Gravedigger's Flame: Creates a magickal torch that floats above the caster's head, illuminating the darkness around him or her. The duration of the spell is 70 turns per casting level.
- Predator Sight: Allows the caster to see the faint electromagnetic aura that all creatures emit, whether they are living, animated or extra-dimensional. In daylight this has practically no effect, but in darkness the caster is able to see all creatures glowing green, which clearly reveals their location. Using Predator Sight, a caster does not receive any penalty for attacking in low light conditions. The duration of the spell is 20 turns per casting level.
- Reveal Map: Grants the caster +3 points in Cartography per casting level. The duration is 10 turns per casting level.
- Sonic Blast: This spell creates an intense subsonic wave that temporarily stuns all nearby targets, lowering their offensive and defensive abilities. The casting level determines the overall power and range of the blast.
- Sparkling Wonder: Causes some enemies to flee in fright from the intense display of sparkling lights. While this effect causes no physical harm, it does give the illusion that the caster is a powerful mage casting a deadly spell, which tricks many creatures and NPCs into fleeing. Larger or more intelligent creatures require a higher casting level for the spell to be effective. The fear induced by this spell generally lasts for 20 turns, but larger creatures are less affected by the display.
Tier 3 (Requires Elemental 11 and Intelligence 25)
- Chameleon: Causes the caster to blend in with the environment, making him or her harder to hit. The duration of the spell is 20 turns per casting level.
- Compress Atmosphere: Creates a bubble of crushing air around several targets, inflicting 6-10 points of damage per casting level.
- Dense Nimbus: Creates a bubble of dense, high-pressure air around the caster, which prevents most projectiles from striking him or her. The effectiveness of the spell is 40% projectile deflection at casting level 1, with 10% more protection for each additional casting level. The duration of the spell is 20 turns per casting level. Note: Dense Nimbus works only when the source of the projectile is more than one space away. It does not prevent damage from melee weapons, point-blank shots, or magickal projectiles.
- Enkindled Weapon: Temporarily imbues any weapon held in the caster's hand with bonus fire damage. The effect is 2 points of fire damage per casting level. The duration is 50 turns.
- Fireball: Launches a fireball towards the target. The effect is 5-9 points of fire damage per casting level, affecting both living and non-living targets. The concussion of the fireball's blast also produces collateral damage to surrounding creatures and objects.
- Lock Melt: Concentrates heat onto the lock mechanism of a door or chest, softening the metal components until they fail. Higher quality locks require a more powerful casting level as the quality of the metal and craftsmanship of the lock are less susceptible to heat damage.
- Toxic Element: Sprays the target with a vaporous mist of toxic Polonium, drawn from the soil and stone around the caster. The target must save versus toxins or become horribly sickened. The casting level determines the potency of the toxic effect.
- Trapkill: Causes waves of atmospheric pressure to compress a trap or trapped object, forcing it into mechanical failure. Most traps, especially those of simpler design, are susceptible to these rapid fluxations of pressure and can fail or be remotely triggered through the casting of this spell. More advanced trap designs require a higher casting level to be disarmed. This is a touch-range spell; only traps immediately adjacent to the caster will be affected.
- Abyssal Freeze: Blasts a single target with a sub-freezing sphere of cold, inflicting a massive 8-12 hit points of freeze damage per casting level. However, the extremely cold temperature generated by this spell has no effect on inanimate objects.
- Ice Lance: Draws upon humidity in the air to form a massive, pointed shaft of ice that is hurled from the caster, inflicting 12-16 points of freeze damage per casting level on whatever it strikes.
- Invisibility: Physically warps light around the caster, making him or her invisible and impossible to visually track by enemies. The duration of the spell is 3 turns per casting level.
- Portal: Allows the caster to set an anchor point anywhere in the world, and then later recast the spell to open a portal back to that anchor point. Each casting level allows a different portal anchor point.
- Supernova: Creates a fiery blast that emanates from the caster causing 4-6 points of fire damage per casting level on every object and creature in the area.