Elves tend to be shorter and slimmer than humans. Their
features are finely chiseled and delicate, and they speak
in melodic tones. Elves are looked upon as being frivolous
and aloof. They concern themselves with natural beauty,
dancing, frolicking, and other similar pursuits. Their humor
is clever, as are their songs and poetry. There are six racial
divisions of elves within the Realms: gold elves, moon
elves, wild elves, sea elves, dark elves (drow), and winged
- Ability Scores. Elves receive a +1 bonus to Dexterity and a -1 penalty
- Steady Mind. Elves resist 90% of charm and sleep effects that
- Infravision. Elves can see creatures in dark areas. These creatures
are shown in red, with increasing intensity depending on the ambient
- Elven Training. Elves gain a permanent -1 modifier to THAC0 with
longbows, shortbows, short swords, and long swords.
- Thieving Abilities. Elves gain a +20 bonus to Pick Pocket, +5 to Open
Lock and Find Traps, and +15 to Move Silently and Hide in Shadows.