Obsidian Entertainment's Rob McGinnis has updated his blog with another community update for Neverwinter Nights 2. This time, Rob previews the Invisible Blade prestige class, shares a few details about the v1.07 "Premonition" patch, and spotlights a set of community-created spears. The Invisible Blade:
Invisible Blades are deadly fighters who prefer to use daggers and related weapons in combat. Their training and techniques with these weapons make them just as lethal as any well-armed fighter. Invisible Blades enjoy cultivating misconceptions about the level of danger they present, and they relish any chance to demonstrate that the most unimposing weapons can be the most lethal.
- Skills: Bluff 8 ranks.
- Feats: Feint, Two-Weapon Fighting, Weapon Focus (Dagger or Kukri).
- Hit Die: d6
- Base Attack Bonus: High
- High Saves: Reflex
- Weapon Proficiencies: Invisible Blades gain no weapon proficiencies.
- Armor Proficiencies: Invisible Blades gain no armor proficiencies.
- Skill Points: 4 + Int Modifier.
- Class Skills: Bluff, Craft Alchemy, Craft Armor, Craft Weapon, Craft Trap, Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Parry, Perform, Spot and Tumble.
- Bleeding Wound: At 1st level, when an Invisible Blade hits with a successful sneak attack, he inflicts a bleeding wound that deals 2 points of damage per round for 3 rounds. This damage stacks with previous damage caused by a Bleeding Wound attack. He must be either unarmed or wielding only light weapons in order to inflict a Bleeding Wound. At 3rd level, the damage increases to 4 per round, and at 5th level, it increases to 6 points per round. Each level of Bleeding Wound counts as one die of sneak attack damage for purposes of class and feat prerequisites.
- Unfettered Defense: An Invisible Blade benefits from an increased survival instinct during combat. Because of this sixth sense, he adds 1 point of his Intelligence bonus (if any) per Invisible Blade level to his Armor Class in addition to any other modifiers he would normally receive. If the Invisible Blade is caught flat-footed, or is otherwise denied his Dexterity modifier to Armor Class, he also loses this bonus. Unfettered Defense functions only when an Invisible Blade is not wearing armor and is not wielding a ranged weapon.
- Feint Mastery: At 5th level, an Invisible Blade armed with a light weapon becomes so sure of his ability to mislead opponents that he cannot roll less than 5 on his Bluff check when using the Feint feat.