Category: News ArchiveHits: 2602
A new patch is here for the Spacer's Choice Edition of Obsidian Entertainment's humorous sci-fi RPG The Outer Worlds. Seeing how this was a re-release primarily positioned as a visual upgrade, the patch notes mostly revolve around fixing issues that made it anything but. On top of that, the patch also deals with a few bugs and crashes.
Here are the patch notes:
Greetings employees of Halcyon,
The Board would like to officially announce that the Spacer's Choice Edition v1.2 patch is available now! We thank you for your continued patience and hope these resolutions improve your experience exploring the Halcyon Colony.
This update includes the following:
- Replaced dynamic resolution with FSR and added option selector
- Framerate improvements
- Various improvements to reduce hitching issues
- Specific DirectX 12 allocation improvements to fix hitches
- Fixed settings auto-detection
- Fixed multiple flickering issues
- Optimized VFX during combat to address frame rate dips
- Fixed occasional crash when detecting graphics settings
Encountering a bug not listed above? Contact our support team directly to report issues.
- Various bug fixes
- Fixed bug where EULA needs to be accepted after every launch
- Material and texture updates to remove visible seams and improve overall visuals
- Lighting improvements
- Fixed excessive shadow popping bug in Roseway
- Fixed disappearing reticle when changing settings during gameplay
- Fixed floating grass in Monarch
- Improved LODs to reduce popping