The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition Patch v1.1 Available
Category: News ArchiveHits: 341
The Spacer's Choice Edition of Obsidian Entertainment's humorous sci-fi RPG The Outer Worlds launched earlier this month, and was immediately panned by just about everyone due to assorted performance issues. Which now leads us to the first patch for this new edition that should make the game run better across the board, and deal with a number of annoying visual glitches in the process.
Here are the patch notes:
Greetings employees of Halcyon,
We have a new update to Spacer’s Choice Edition that will help resolve many of the visual and performance issues that have been reported, allowing you to continue your colonial duties. While this does not resolve all that we’ve seen, The Board would like to inform you that the team is still working to address additional reported issues and will continue to do so in future patches.
Thank you for your patience while our team worked diligently to get this out, and continue reading below to see what resolutions this update brings you.
Top Community Issues:
- Adjusted settings for Ultra and Very High graphic modes, improving experience for PC players on higher end graphics cards
- Fixed issues with SSGI being set inappropriately high on PC affecting performance
- PSO experience improved to mitigate hitching during shader compilation
- SSGI auto settings updated preventing scenarios where it would toggle on unexpectedly
Encountering a bug not listed above? Contact our support team directly to report issues.
- Various HLOD improvements to reduce popping
- Fixed many instances of flickering textures
- Reduced chance for characters hair to glow
- Fixed two instances of invisible enemies
- Fixed invisible trip mine beam