Category: News ArchiveHits: 411
With the Siege of the Atlas expansion for Path of Exile launching in a few days, you might be interested in this announcement revealing an upcoming boss kill event. The event's winners, who will have to defeat the game's toughest bosses in a solo hardcore environment, will get to collaborate with Grinding Gear Games on a number of in-game items.
Here are the rules:
To celebrate the launch of Siege of the Atlas, we're hosting a Boss Kill Event where Path of Exile players can compete to kill a trio of the hardest endgame bosses in Archnemesis HC SSF mode. We have put together a prize pool that gives the winners the opportunity to collaborate with our design team to create new Unique Items and Divination cards that will be added to Path of Exile.
Prizes are awarded to the first ten players who kill all three of The Maven, The Searing Exarch and The Eater of Worlds. We have not included The Uber Elder as a mandatory boss in this set because there is a moderate RNG component in accessing that fight. Bonus prizes are also awarded to the first players to kill The Uber Elder, The Shaper and Sirus. This event runs during the Archnemesis HC SSF league, starting on February 4 (PST), until each prize has been won.
Prizes for Top Placings - PC:
Bonus Prizes - PC:
- 1st Place: Collaborate on the design of a Unique Item that will drop from either The Searing Exarch or The Eater of Worlds, and collaborate on the design of a Divination Card.
- 2nd Place: Collaborate on the design of a Unique Item that will drop from The Maven, and collaborate on the design of a Divination Card.
- 3rd Place: Collaborate on the design of a Unique Item that will drop from either The Black Star or The Infinite Hunger, and collaborate on the design of a Divination Card.
- 4th-10th Place: Collaborate on the design of a Divination Card
All of the above prize winners will also receive a new microtransaction, Godslayer's Pride (which we'll also be awarding to the best players of events like this in the future.)
- First Uber Elder Kill: Collaborate on the design of a Unique Item that will drop from The Uber Elder
- First Shaper Kill: Collaborate on the design of a Unique Item that will drop from The Shaper
- First Sirus Kill: Collaborate on the design of a Unique Item that will drop from Sirus, The Awakener
Prizes - Console (both Xbox and Playstation have separate prize pools):
- 1st Place: Collaborate on the design of a Divination Card, and receive a Godslayer's Pride microtransaction.
- 2nd-5th Place: Receive a Godslayer's Pride microtransaction.
- First Uber Elder Kill: Receive a Godslayer's Pride microtransaction.
- First Shaper Kill: Receive a Godslayer's Pride microtransaction.
- First Sirus Kill: Receive a Godslayer's Pride microtransaction.
Good luck in the event!
- A player can win both a Placing prize and one or more Bonus Prizes.
- If there are operational problems with the event (like significant realm stability issues at launch), Grinding Gear Games may restart the event at any point. The way we will do this is to create a new event league and indicate that players who wish to compete in the new event must make new characters there.
- Players who migrate from a private league to Archnemesis HC SSF during the event are ineligible for prizes.
- Placings and prize eligibility are entirely at the discretion of Grinding Gear Games.
- The prizes that consist of collaborating on the design of a Divination Card or Unique Item do not guarantee that the item will turn out exactly how you want. The design team will try to accommodate your suggestions as best as they can, but the final design is at their discretion. Because these Unique Items are likely to become chase content, it's critical that they fit the overall design vision of Path of Exile.
- Grinding Gear Games Employees (past or present) are not eligible for prizes.
- Players who have played on the Alpha realm since January 27, 2022 (when the expansion was first deployed) are not eligible for prizes.
- Dying or migrating your character out of the league doesn't remove prize eligibility as long as the kill occurred while in the league.