Category: News ArchiveHits: 546
Those of you looking to thoroughly explore the expansive world of Bethesda's highly acclaimed open world RPG The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, might want to turn towards our Skyrim subsite where you can find an annotated map of the province of Skyrim. But if you wouldn't mind turning that into a more immersive experience, you can now download this here mod by one David Richard that puts that map directly into the game.
Here's the mod's official description:
This mod will not mark or reveal all locations on your overworld map. This is your primary school's geography class type of map. All locations are indexed on a map with a grid. Simply refer to the map when you need to find your location using the indexes provided in the list of locations. You will still need to discover the location and no map marker will be revealed. Up to you to navigate and explore on your own as you would normally do in Skyrim just this time, you have a slight idea where to look and in which direction you will be heading.
New version v2.0.0 - SUMMONABLE World Map
Where is the world map conjuration book?
- Added a world map near Winterhold
- Added a new spell tome to conjure a world map wall where ever it pleases you and anytime you need it (finally)
The conjuration book for the world map is not easy to get and there's only one book lying arround. Who else could hold the secret of such an easy access map than the Thieves Guild themselves. Mercer had no real interest in this book so he left it in the Thieves Guild Vault lying between 2 chests. You will need to play the Thieves Guild questline until the vault get's unlocked.
Anything else I need to know?
There's still a few things I can say:
Why did you do this?
- The conjured world map lasts for 60 seconds.
- The conjured world map has a very low health so you can destroy it with a very low damage weapon or spell to get rid of it easily.
- I intentionally did NOT put light on the conjured world map. There are several locations available throughout Tamriel. It's an easy access conjured map or a brightly lit location with a map, you choose but you cannot have the best of both worlds.
- The book is not worth much because there are already several locations with an accessible world map so people won't be too much interested in buying what is already accessible.
I have a printed map of Tamriel on my living room's wall. Often, I search for a location and I figure out where it is on my map and then try to find it in the game. I love this way of playing where the location is not automatically and immediately revealed for you, that's too easy and removes the gameplay thrill. Using an indexed map, it adds to the exploration of Skyrim. But, I always need to get up, turn on my lights just to check my map so I decided to put this map directly in the game in a convenient location and now, summonable. Now I can do the exact same thing but directly inside the game.