Category: News ArchiveHits: 771
Beamdog keeps tinkering with their Enhanced Editions of Infinity Engine titles, and as a result, we now finally get the long-awaited v2.6 patch for Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate II, Siege of Dragonspear and Icewind Dale Enhanced Editions. Apart from upgrading the games to 64-bit systems, the patch also introduces a number of new character voices and portraits, improves pathfinding, fixes hundreds of bugs, and more.
The complete patch notes go on and on and on, so here are just some highlights and known issues:
ATTENTION! KNOWN ISSUES
- Upgrade to 64-Bit | A much needed upgrade for modern machines— this improves system compatibility
- 7 New Character Voice Sets | New player voice sets, including two from the legendary Mark Meer reprising his roles as Alveus Malcanter and Baeloth Barrityl
- 11 New Character Portraits | New character portraits to customize your hero’s look
- Hundreds of Bug Fixes | Includes scores of fixes to spells and hero abilities
- Improved Pathfinding | Smoother party movement and navigation
- New Localizations |
- Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition | Added French text localization (beta)
- Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear | Added French (beta), Italian, German, Ukrainian and Polish text localizations
- Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition | Added Brazilian Portuguese and Chinese (Simplified) text localizations
- New System Requirements | 32-bit operating systems are no longer supported. Check out the updated system requirements below, or visit game pages for details.
- Crossplay with Mobile | Crossplay between computers and mobile devices will not be available until we release the 2.6 patch for iOS and Android (this is in the works!!).
- Multiplayer Latency | Some players report multiplayer latency (delay in communication between game clients)
- French Localizations in Beta | We consider the new French text localization to be a beta release. We welcome feedback from the community!
- Haste Spell | The spell works correctly, but the combat log doesn't reflect the correct double speed/damage that is taking place