Category: News ArchiveHits: 385
Vaporum: Lockdown, Fatbot Games’ prequel to their steampunk dungeon crawler Vaporum, will be launching on Steam, GOG and the Humble Store in just a couple of weeks, on September 15, 2020. If you’re interested in a bit of Legend of Grimrock-inspired dungeon crawling but with a steampunk twist, you might want to mark your calendars now.
Here’s the official release date trailer:
And a quick overview of the game:
We are super excited to be finally able to announce the launch date of Vaporum: Lockdown.
The game is coming out on September 15 on Windows (Steam, GOG, Humble Store/Widget), shortly followed by Mac & Linux.
Vaporum: Lockdown, prequel to critically acclaimed Vaporum, expands on everything that made the original game good.
Follow the story of Ellie Teller, a scientist who is a part of a mysterious research project in the middle of an ocean. After disastrous events, she struggles to survive and escape the tower of Arx Vaporum.
Dates & Platforms
- Windows (Steam, GOG, Humble Store/Widget): September 15, 2020
- Mac & Linux (Steam, GOG, Humble Store/Widget): following shortly after the Windows release
- Nintendo Switch: Q4 2020 - specific date to be announced later
- PS4/XB1: 2021
- Old-school grid-based dungeon crawler with modern audiovisuals and controls.
- First-person real-time combat with deadly foes with varied abilities and behaviors.
- Stop time mode where time only passes when you act, giving you unlimited time to reason about your next best move.
- Intriguing story following a fully voiced female protagonist.
- Unique gadget-based RPG system with tons of customization, tons of loot, and tons of synergies to find.
- Mind-bending puzzles and hazards.
- Immersive steampunk setting.
- Full controller support.
- Localized in 8 languages: English, German, Spanish, French, Russian, Polish, Japanese, and Chinese.
- Fatbot Games, s. r. o.
- Based in Bratislava - Slovakia, Central Europe.
- Core team consisting of 5 ex-AAA gamedev veterans.
- 50+ years of combined experience.
- Focused on polished games with engaging storylines and high production values.