Category: News ArchiveHits: 499
A brand new update for BioWare's co-operative action-RPG Anthem is now live. The update fixes plenty of bugs, rebalances some gear stats, and introduces a few minor features.
And if you were looking for something more content-dense, you may want to check out this recent developer livestream with BioWare's Ben Irving and Jesse Anderson where they talk about Anthem's upcoming Cataclysm event. This 8 week event will add a new area, 3 new missions, new powers and rewards to the game. Have a look:
If you're interested in a quick summary, you should check out this PC Gamer article. And here's an excerpt from the latest changelog:
- Improved the compass to show collectible items as a question mark when you are near one.
- Added a purple target icon to show an area where an enemy that is guaranteed to drop loot will appear. When the enemy appears, they will have a white target icon.
- Added the ability to fast travel to different strider locations from the map while in freeplay.
- Three Emerald Abyss Legendary Missions have been added.
- Load screens now display lore regarding the location that you are loading into.
- Added a simple UI for players to communicate non-verbally with each other and express themselves via emotes. This is accessed by pressing down on the D-Pad if using a controller, or B on a keyboard for PC.
- Fixed an issue where the “Alt” key could not be correctly used in keybinding.
- Dominion Storm and Frost Brutes no longer have shields.
- All Storm Javelins (Elementalists, Valkyries, etc) now regenerate their shields like other shielded creatures. When hovering they can be grounded with force or with fire status effects.
- The Scar Hunter can now be grounded with fire status effects.
- Improved the animation of the Scar Grenadier grenade throw to be more clear.
- Looking away from interaction point while interacting no longer cancels the interaction.