Category: News ArchiveHits: 630
This month's development update for Nightdive Studios' System Shock Remastered Edition shares plenty of fresh concept art for the game's weapon and enemy models and then talks a bit about another Nightdive project, the recently released first person shooter Blood: Fresh Supply. And since the main part of the update is mostly visual in nature, here's a trailer for the new Blood reboot, just in case you're in the mood for some old-school shooting:
More on that:
Brought to you by Nightdive's Samuel Villarreal and the KEX engine team. Originally released in 1997, Blood is a First-Person Shooter that helped redefine the genre and introduced many elements now accepted as commonplace. In the original and the updated Blood: Fresh Supply, players jump into the boots of undead gunslinger Caleb as he seeks revenge against the dark god Chernobog. Caleb’s arsenal features a mix of standard and occult weaponry, which he uses to devastating and gore-filled effect. In the game, players visit a terrifying world populated by hordes of bloodthirsty fiends – including cultists, gargoyles, zombies, hellhounds, and an unholy host of other terrors.
Atari is an interactive entertainment production company. As an iconic brand that transcends generations and audiences, the company is globally recognized for its multi-platform, interactive entertainment and licensed products. Atari owns and/or manages a portfolio of more than 200 games and franchises, including world-renowned brands like Asteroids®, Centipede®, Missile Command®, Pong®, and RollerCoaster Tycoon®. Atari has offices in New York and Paris. Visit online at www.atari.com.
Now with Nightdive's KEX engine to achieve the following:
- Vulkan, DirectX 11 and OpenGL 3.2 support, play with unlocked frame rates!
- Antialiasing, Ambient Occlusion, V-sync and Interpolation support
- Support for high resolutions including 4K monitors
- Fully customizable keyboard and controller pad support
- Extended modding support, including support for already existing mods
- Completely rewritten netcode supports up to 8 players:
- Play online in co-operative mode, kill each other in “Bloodbath” or split the difference in classic 4v4 team-based “Capture The Flag” mayhem
- Battle it out in local split-screen action
- Roll your own soundtrack with full CD and MIDI music support
- Look fully up and down with a new 3D view, or stick with the classic BUILD-engine style!