Category: News ArchiveHits: 697
If you're interested in a game that combines 4X elements, RPG systems and card battles with plenty of narrative bits firmly rooted in Slavic mythology, then you should direct your attention towards MuHa Games' recently released Thea 2: The Shattering. Following a successful Kickstarter campaign and some time in Early Access, the game is now live on both Steam and GOG. You can pick it up for $21.24 or your regional equivalent, including a 15% launch week discount.
Here's the official launch trailer:
And the game's description:
Thea 2: The Shattering is a follow-up to the successful Thea: The Awakening, which brings the idea of innovative genre hybrid, with elements of turn-based, 4X strategy, survival, RPG and a card game, to entirely new and thoroughly polished level.
The player takes on a role of a deity from the Slavic mythology-inspired pantheon and as such, controls the fate of a small flock of believers struggling for survival. This goal can be achieved in many ways, from diplomacy to war, from exploring to conquering, but any playstyle will surely lead to completely unique adventures thanks to the procedurally generated environments. Rich options, from crafting to town-building system, as well as the co-op multiplayer gameplay, make Thea 2 an ideal choice for tactically minded players, who are up for a challenge.
- Explore rich, procedurally generated and diverse new environments and biomes.
- Expand your influence in the world, build towns, widen your territories or choose the much tougher path of a nomad.
- Exterminate your way to victory, battle through the vast array of creatures or simply strive to survive till sunrise.
- Exploit the many wonders of the land - discover and combine resources, collect materials and craft them into your equipment.
- Become a deity of Thea and direct your Chosen to victory in a world inspired by Slavic myth and folklore.
- Play together - co-op mode for up to 3 players allows you to build your pantheon with friends.
- Choose your playstyle - become a warlord or a diplomat, or simply remain an outsider wandering the world in search of glory.
- Survive any way you can and choose your challenge style as you resolve conflicts via battle, mental or spiritual challenges.
- Free DLCs, built-in adventures editor and other modding tools.
And this Kickstarter update lists all the things that the full release has over the Early Access version and lets us know that some DLC content will be coming our way in the future.