Category: News ArchiveHits: 2136
The upcoming major v1.2 patch for Owlcat Games' cRPG Pathfinder: Kingmaker should be going live sometime in January 2019, but a new hotfix is already here. Apart from fixing the usual assortment of bugs, the hotfix also introduces several new character portraits and hairstyles. Here are a few paragraphs on when to expect the v1.2 patch, some holiday greetings and the latest patch notes:
2018 is about to end - and what better way to say goodbye than by adding new stuff into the game! A while back, we've asked you which new portraits you would like to see in the game. The winners of the poll - an Aasimar Paladin and a Human Sorcerer - will now be available on character creation to all players. Apart from portraits, we're also adding more hairstyles and beards. Hooray for character customization!
We're also delighted to inform that we're entering the final stages of work on Patch 1.2. We're planning to begin the open beta test for this large update this week. All who want to join us in testing are most welcome to - as always, your feedback is invaluable to us!
Exact details on the open testing will become available later this week. Patch 1.2 will go live somewhere mid-January.
This has been a very eventful year for us. We have built and released our first game, and even though it was months ago, it feels like it was yesterday. We would like to thank all of you once again for being with us and supporting the project - without you, none of this would ever happen!
Happy holidays to you all, and best wishes to you and your loved ones! May the new year find you in good health and bring you much joy!
Please, be aware of plot spoilers in the description below (in the Quest, Areas and Kingdom sections)!
- Two new portraits based on player poll results have been added - an Aasimar Paladin and a Human Sorcerer.
- A new pack of custom hairstyles and beards for different races have been added.
- Players could keep more companions than expected in the final quest of the Wildcards DLC (the "Sorrowflow" area). Resolution: fixed.
- Ekundayo was too close to enemies during the ritual (the "Bury the Past" quest), resulting in issues with quest completion. Resolution: fixed.
- The "Against All Odds" quest didn't count as completed even when it was. Resolution: fixed.
- Lantern King's curse was incorrectly assuming all characters had only 4 spell levels available, severely penalizing full spellcasters. Resolution: fixed, now the curse limits spellcasting as intended.
- Some pages could be missing in the Epilogue. Resolution: fixed.
- How to Build a Kingdom quest could get stuck on the "Found a new village" objective in some cases. Resolution: fixed.
- The conversation in the Throne Room that raises the Arcane stat to rank X wouldn't trigger if you had the Storyteller as your magister. Resolution: fixed.
- Sometimes kingdom visitors would get stuck because the game wrongfully assumed the baron is having a romantic encounter (often because a shortcut mod had been used). Resolution: exiting the kingdom interface now returns you to the personal chambers in this case, so the romantic encounter can be finally resolved.
Classes & Mechanics
- In some cases, both Kalikke and Kanerah were available to add to the party roster even when only one of them should have been available. Resolution: fixed.
- Conversely, sometimes both Kalikke and Kanerah could disappear from the party roster. Resolution: fixed as well.
- There were issues controlling the Kinetic Knight archetype during combat. Resolution: fixed.
- Barbarian spirits summoned by the Warpainted Skull of Duthica had the wrong faction, which might have lead to them attacking some NPCs. Resolution: fixed.
- Fixed a misplaced parenthesis that turned all left-handed characters back into right-handed ones. Also, fixed sword scabbards having wrong offsets for left-handed characters.
- When loading a game with a polymorphed character and polymorphing back, the character's model wouldn't actually change until an area transition. Resolution: fixed.
- Fixed a crash-to-menu that could sometimes happen when entering an area from the Global Map while having an active animal companion.
- Some item enchantment parameters (i.e., the DC of saving throws against the item's abilities) would not get saved when saving the game, leading to incorrect values after loading (it still could be fixed by re-equipping the item). Resolution: fixed, all item parameters are now saved.
And here's a Christmas card from Owlcat Games.