Category: News ArchiveHits: 778
If you own Firaxis Games' XCOM 2 and its War of the Chosen expansion, you'll be pleased to know that come October 9, 2018, the game will receive a brand new Tactical Legacy Pack DLC. And what's even better is that if you pick the DLC up before December 3, 2018, you'll get it for free. Otherwise, you'll have to pay $7.99 or your regional equivalent for the DLC's fresh content that includes new game modes, maps, weapons, armors, and more.
Here's Jake Solomon, the series' creative director, with some additional details:
And here's an hour long developer livestream that shows off some Legacy Pack gameplay:
A bit more on what to expect from the DLC:
NEW GAMEPLAY MODES:
Legacy Ops – Command a squad of soldiers through a series of linked consecutive tactical missions:
- Central’s Archives – Central Officer Bradford, and other key members of XCOM, recount the pivotal operations that led to the rise of the resistance between the events of XCOM: Enemy Unknown and XCOM 2:
- Blast from the Past – After the fall of XCOM HQ, Central Officer Bradford begins his journey to build the resistance by returning to where it all began.
- It Came from the Sea – The broadcast of a fledgling radio DJ is reaching an audience he didn’t intend. It’s up to Central to save the DJ from an endless horde of hungry listeners.
- Avenger Assemble – Join Lily Shen as she works to retrofit the Avenger into a new home for the growing forces of a reinvigorated XCOM.
- The Lazarus Project – ADVENT is kidnapping key members of the resistance, and it’s up to Central to rescue some of XCOM's most renowned operatives.
Resistance Archives - Engage enemy forces in series of tactical missions increasing in difficulty.
Skirmish Mode – Create and play your own custom XCOM tactical missions using the included editor that allows you to modify various settings (map, squad loadouts, objective, enemies, and more.)
The Tactical Legacy Pack DLC requires ownership of both the base game XCOM 2, as well as the XCOM 2: War of the Chosen expansion. The DLC will be free on PC for all owners of XCOM 2: War of the Chosen until 12:59pm ET on December 3, 2018. After this point in time, the DLC will go on sale for $7.99. The Tactical Legacy Pack will also be added to the XCOM 2 Collection, though this will have no effect on the price of the XCOM 2 Collection.
- NEW MAPS: Engage in battle across 28 new maps including remastered maps and scenes from XCOM: Enemy Unknown and XCOM: Enemy Within. These new maps will be featured in Central’s Archives.
- NEW WEAPONS AND ARMOR: Equip your soldiers with reimagined versions of the conventional, laser, and plasma weapons, as well as Kevlar, Carapace, and Titan armor from XCOM: Enemy Unknown. Complete Central’s Archives to unlock these new additions for use in the main single player campaign.
- NEW CUSTOMIZATION AND PHOTOBOOTH OPTIONS: Customize your soldiers with new attitudes and helmets. Create new images in the Photobooth with additional backgrounds, colors, and character poses.
- NEW SOUNDTRACK OPTIONS: With the new Soundtrack Selector you can choose to play the XCOM 2: War of the Chosen campaign with the existing score, the score from XCOM: Enemy Unknown, or an all-new soundtrack inspired by the music from the original X-COM: UFO Defense.
- OFFLINE CHALLENGE MODE: Play through all 100+ War of the Chosen challenges as often as you want.