Category: News ArchiveHits: 1890
During the latest Beamdog livestream, Phil Daigle and Trent Oster share the news that the tablet version of Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear will be coming to the App Store and Google Play on March 8, 2018. The also talk a bit about the new Head Start patch for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition, play with swords for a while, and around the 56 minute mark, they all but confirm that they're currently working on a few standalone D&D titles. Here's the VOD:
And here are the latest patch notes for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition:
- A memory leak was fixed in the Toolset that would exhibit every time after a script was compiled.
- We now compile the Linux binaries with 64-bit-only filesystem API support (so that nwserver runs properly inside docker-on-mac/windows).
- Fixed a crash in the Toolset when trying to static-light a mesh with zero vertices (as seen by some custom tilesets, and the humongous bell).
- A fix to Steam thumbnails to update properly on changes, not just on initial upload.
- We fixed the Toolset crashing on Intel GPUs.
- A huge shadows-related memleak was fixed in the toolset that would happen when loading areas.
- “Input player name” is no longer covered by the Direct Connect UI.
- LAN “Connect” button now works as expected.
- Toolset now remembers window position between starts.
- Servers displayed in the History/Favourites panel now grey out properly when they are unknown to the masterserver.
- Relays! We added experimental support to carry your connection over authenticated relays, hosted on our end. This is fully automatic and transparent for both players (a relay connection will be chosen if all other attempts fail) and server hosts (servers and scripting will still “see” the actual client IP), and is meant to take care of all remaining connection issues that cannot be handled with UDP hole punching.
- We added support for the material file format (.mtr) as described in last weeks’ patch notes; reproduced below for your convenience.
- Per-vertex static lighting now works properly when normal mapping is enabled: we use a stream that indicates the direction of the brightest light from the location of the vertex, and approximate normal mapping using that information.
- Clicking on “Join Game” in the Steam friends list while already connected to another server will now be handled more gracefully.
- History/Favourites now displays server data from the masterserver list to avoid connection issues.
- LAN enumeration has been slightly improved to find multiple servers on the same host.
- Server listing speed has been improved.
- Toolset performance when loading/accessing placeable-related functions has been improved.
- Toolset performance when working with the object tree in area view has been improved.
- Rendering performance has been improved. (This is not the Skybox issue; we’re still looking into this).
- Windows game and server will now use UPnP to automatically attempt a port map.