Category: News ArchiveHits: 1382
The Xbox One version of Grinding Gear Games' action-RPG Path of Exile will launch on August 24, 2017, allowing you to make your way through both Wraeclast and Oriath from the comfort of your couch:
The long-awaited release of Path of Exile on Xbox One is right around the corner. We're all set to make our console debut on August 24th at 2pm (PDT). We are very excited to welcome even more exiles to our community. As per usual, the game will be free to download and available to everyone!
If you're interested in supporting the continued development of Path of Exile, there is a brand new (optional) starter pack available for preorder now in the Xbox One store. The First Blood Pack includes 200 points to spend in the cosmetics store, the First Blood Weapon Effect and an Extra Stash Tab to get you on your way in Wraeclast.
We hope to see you in Wraeclast soon!
And for those of you playing Path of Exile on PC, the 3.0.1 patch has been released yesterday. Having played this latest version of the game myself, I can't say that the supposed changes to the Harbinger encounters are noticeable at all. On the other hand, I can confirm the reports that this update has introduced a number of new bugs, namely plentiful Exception errors on quitting the game. These issues aren't gamebreaking but be aware that they do exist and can be quite annoying.
Here are the complete patch notes:
3.0.1 Patch Notes:
- Added the Portent and Harbinger supporter packs.
- Charged Dash has been corrected to have its intended scaling. It now scales up by +1% base damage each level, starting at 90% of base damage.
- The Ravaged Square now has fewer Heretical Wards.
The Beachhead Improvements:
- Harbingers now drop fewer stacks of currency shards, but these shards have reliably higher stack counts. This results in a higher total number of currency shards than before.
- Harbingers now appear more frequently in Map areas.
- More powerful Harbingers now appear more frequently. The volume of shards they drop has been increased, and they are also better dressed.
- You now need to complete 50 Harbinger End-game maps to complete the "End Game Grind" challenge (down from 100).
- Minions spawned by Harbingers were granted a resistance to all damage types that decayed over time. This is now multiplicative with other forms of damage taken. This change means that they can't be trivialised by Wither, Shock and other modifiers to damage taken.
- Harbingers are now less likely to enter a state where they don't summon new monsters.
- The Harbinger Flame Dash ability now Flame Dashes its minions to your location.
- The Harbinger Storm Call-like ability now attaches to the minions, moving with them.
- The Harbinger Flameblast ability is now stronger but used less often.
- The Harbinger Storm Cascade ability no longer stops at the Harbinger's minion's location. Instead, it will pass through, making it much more deadly for characters at a distance.
- Added several new abilities for the Harbingers to use. Be careful!
- The Harbingers from Act 6 onwards now have a chance to spawn an Obelisk when they summon monsters. These obelisks have a variety of skills.
- The chance of The Beachhead map being created by a Harbinger's Orb has been increased.
- The Beachhead map now has a wider variety of monsters.
- Monsters slain as part of the Beachhead portal encounter now don't drop items, but still award experience.
- Upon completing The Beachhead portal encounter, the Obelisks now will shatter and drop shards.
- Completing the encounter awards significantly more items.
- The encounter itself has been rebalanced, and players now have to defeat an especially powerful Harbinger as part of it.
- Fixed a bug where Harbinger monsters with the Inner Treasure mod would not drop a unique item.
- Fixed a bug with the Pantheon powers for Soul of Solaris and Lunaris where bonuses to Physical Damage Reduction instead applied to Armour.
- Fixed various bugs with several skills that were preventing them from targeting Kitava.
- Fixed a bug where the --nopreload and --noasync launch parameters could cause performance problems or crashes.
- Fixed a bug where socketing Cast While Channelling Support in The Rippling Thoughts would prevent Storm Cascade from being cast.
- Harbingers and The Beachhead map boss can no longer be possessed by a Tormented Spirit from the Possessed Foe Prophecy. This made the map impossible to complete.
- Corrected a tile from the Mesa map that was too narrow for characters to pass through.
- Fixed a bug where The Beachhead map would not spawn Harbingers on non-Harbinger leagues.
- Fixed a bug that could cause disconnects when changing areas.
- Fixed some performance issues with Storm Call.
- Fixed a bug where the "A Whispered Prayer" Prophecy could not be completed.
- Fixed a crash with the low-life tutorial.