Category: News ArchiveHits: 2086
We don't know if it will be a Diablo III expansion, a full-blown Diablo IV, a spin-off, or something else entirely, but Blizzard Entertainment has made no attempt to hide the fact that they're looking to fill a variety of positions on an "unannounced project" set within the Diablo franchise. At least a half dozen positions are available, from animator to game director, so you may want to start thinking about spit-shining that resume:
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a game director with outstanding communications skills, proven experience in creative direction, strong ability in system design, and a stellar track record of shipping AAA games to lead the Diablo series into the future.
- Be the vision holder for the franchise, setting the creative goals for the team.
- Direct game design while successfully partnering with the production director to deliver and maintain an epic gaming experience.
- Discuss games with the player community via press announcements, forum posts, interviews, and public appearances.
- Maintain an awareness of global player behavior and customs to ensure that design decisions are relevant for international regions.
- Coach and guide creative team members toward achieving their career goals.
- Establish and maintain a creative environment, resolve personnel challenges, motivate qualified developers, and foster a culture of success.
- Knowledgeable and passionate about Diablo games
- A minimum of 5 years’ directing video game development
- Shipped multiple AAA products as a game director or creative director
- Outstanding communications and relationship-building skills
- Recognized ability to guide and inspire large development teams
- Able to work well in a team environment and communicate effectively with all development disciplines: programming, art, design, sound, and production
- Exhibited ability to coach and mentor employees at all levels of an organization
- Great sense for what makes a game fun to play
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience developing online games, action games, and / or role-playing games
- International game experience
- Higher educational degree
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing