Category: News ArchiveHits: 1397
The Book of Unwritten Tales developer King Art Games has announced it's working on The Dwarves, a tactical RPG based on a series of fantasy novels from German author Markus Heitz. The game will be presented by the developers at Gamescom and will be partially funded via a Kickstarter campaign. Here's the teaser trailer:
And here's some info on the game:
- The story background of the game is based on the first book of the novel series (The Dwarves), but also offers numerous new quests and characters.
- The protagonist Tungdil gathers a group of up to 12 companions around him over time; each of them with their own back-story and unique skills in combat. For inspiration we looked at game series like (Fire Emblem).
- Previous to each battle you assemble a group of up to four heroes, who then fight hundreds of enemies simultaneously. Helm's Deep sends its regards!
- You travel through (Girdlegard) on a world map that contains dozens of battle fields and places waiting to be discovered.
- Markus Heitz, the author of the novel (The Dwarves), is involved in the project as a consultant and may contribute by writing a quest or two.
The Dwarves is slated for a 2016 release date, though, as with many titles that use Kickstarter, I'd recommend to not take that release window as gospel.