NeoCoreGames fired over a short press release earlier this evening announcing The Saxons, a full 30-hour expansion pack to their popular RPG/strategy hybrid King Arthur: The Role-playing Wargame. A new sandbox mode, additional heroes, new artifacts, set items, and more are incoming:
We are proud to announce the release of the new expansion pack for King Arthur, due to arrive very soon. King Arthur: The Saxons is a sandbox expansion where you lead the devoted warriors of Christianity, the Saxons against the tides of pagans and the gathering darkness.We don't have a release date yet, but hopefully "very soon" means just that.
King Arthur: The Saxons offers
- a brand new campaign with 30+ hours of gameplay where you take the role of the Saxon king. The campaign is set during the events of King Arthur: The Role-playing Wargame, but it follows a stand-alone story with a different ruler.
- a totally new gaming experience with the free sandbox gaming mode the objectives are only strategic goals and not the compulsory elements that lead you through the background story.
- a complex diplomatic management: you can establish diplomatic relations with your fellow kings and also with the guild of the outlaws, the Christian Church, the Sidhe, famous knights and brides-to-be.
- customizable Victory Conditions: you can set your own goals for the endgame (the number of Provinces conquered, the number heroes gathered, Gold accumulated and many more)
- customizable characteristics for the gaming environment: you can change the importance of magic in the world or the aggression level of the AI.
- 5 new unique heroes: gather the knights who follow the traditions of Beowulf, the legendary monster-slaying champion.
- 3 new and unique unit types: the Guardians have many aspects, but they are all mighty and otherworldly warriors.
- 5 new units
- 10 new Hero Skills
- 5 new Unit Skills
- more than 30 unique artifacts (among them 5 sets of items that work more efficiently if collected)
- more than 30 unique diplomatic and battle quests.