The folks at one2tribe issued a press release this morning confirming that The Witcher: Versus will soon be headed to the iPhone, though that obviously means the previously browser-exclusive title will be available on the iPod Touch, iPad, and future iDevices, too.
The Witcher: Versus Coming Soon to iPhone
March 29, 2010. Warsaw, Poland one2tribe is pleased to announce The Witcher: Versus, a brand new game for the iPhone that will soon be available on the App Store. This release brings the acclaimed PC RPG brand from CD Projekt RED to the iPhone platform for the first time.
Published by Gamigo, The Witcher: Versus (iPhone) is a new game based on the successful browser game of the same title. The intuitive and addictive gameplay of the web version caused players from all over the world to lose themselves in the magic of Versus, with more than a million accounts created.
one2tribe has completely overhauled the game's features and functionality to take advantage of the iPhone. Among the features are:
1. Dynamic duels with other players - play wherever you want, whenever you want, and with whomever you want!
2. 3D graphics based on motion-capture sessions initially used in the The Witcher PC game.
3. Full profile integration with The Witcher: Versus browser and mobile (WAP) versions.
4. Unlock items and achievements available in other versions of the game.
5. Unlock graphics and graphic art from the upcoming The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings by progressing in Versus.
6. Publish rankings and achievements on Facebook directly from the iPhone.
7. In the future: quests, missions, mini games, fight with iPhone swords (unlocked along with progress in the game).
The browser version of The Witcher: Versus can be played at http://witcher.versus.com. More information about the brand new The Witcher: Versus on iPhone will be revealed at http://www.one2tribe.pl/en in the coming weeks.
In everything we do, we try to connect people with each other. one2tribe's main business is the creation of innovative MMO games, combining many technological platforms. Most of our products are available simultaneously on the Internet, mobile phones, on the iPhone and on the community portals. Our portfolio contains many innovative projects from the community aspect, from which the most successful were: Xyber Mech one of the world's first MMORPG games for mobile phones with unique location based gameplay. The Witcher: Versus, a browser based game based on the PC game The Witcher. Leposy Poland's biggest MMO game for the mobile phone. In development are even more innovative products. Among them The Witcher: Versus for the iPhone.
CD Projekt RED:
CD Projekt RED is the development branch of CD Projekt, headquartered in Warsaw, Poland. The studio's first release, the PC-exclusive role-playing game, The Witcher®, has won over critics and gamers with its refreshing blend of engrossing story and action-based combat. The game has sold more than 1.5 million copies worldwide and has garnered more than 100 awards since its release in October 2007, including PC RPG of the Year from such respected outlets as PC Gamer, GameSpy, IGN and GameStar. CD Projekt RED is hard at work on The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings. For more information about CD Projekt RED, visit http://www.thewitcher.com.