Category: News ArchiveHits: 1690
IX. Community Patch v1.70As expected, this will be the last unofficial (and official) patch released for the game.
- Gothic 3 starts only once at the same time.
- It's not possible to start a new game when there's already a game running.
+ Before starting a new game, an info box with a remark about the Alternative Balancing will pop up.
+ Check of the minimum system requirements (shader version and size of the memory); when the PC system doesn't satisfy the minimum requirements, the game will instantly cancel with an error message.
+ fmodex updated to newer version.
- Packed file buffer size improved.
- Performance improvements.
- Error in vegetation caching corrected.
- Overlapping data removed from statistics screen (CTRL+S).
- Menu bar in marvin mode is available again.
- Mouse pointer in marvin mode can be moved under Vista 64.
- CheckBox operations corrected.
- Bug in keyboard focus after using a menu resolved.
+ New setting (Optimal) for resource cache (leads to an individual calculation).
+ New setting (Very High) in (Details) root menu.
+ New setting (Very High) for object details.
- Changing the "Object details" slider in the menu does not lead to reanimation of the hero anymore.
- "Depth of field" and "bloom" can be (de-)activated separately.
- Version number in main menu moved to a less distracting place.
- Corrected loading behaviour after starting a new game.
- Game doesn't start while the loading screen is still visible.
+ Code update to DirectX 9.0c of November 2008.
+ Installation of DirectX 9.0c of November 2008 - if it hasn't been installed yet.
- Font exchanged in polish version of the game.
- The file kupdate.exe is misleading now, so it's replaced by a dummy file.
- Program consistency check during startup implemented.
+ VSync can be (de-)activated via the video menu. (Only works when VSync is selected as "controlled by application" in the driver's menu.)
- VSync does not slow down the loading of savegames anymore.
- Ingame window for scroll texts broadened.
- Creation of mini dumps for crashes disabled by default.
+ Guru log expanded with more information about the memory.
- Guru logs will be saved in the savegame folder, not the Gothic 3 installation folder.
- Guru resolved which appeared when the hero was hit by a ranged weapon while transforming back to human shape.
- Guru when rendering CubeMaps resolved.
- Guru resolved which appeared when the hero casted "Telekinesis" on an item and somebody else wanted to pick it up at the same time.
- Guru resolved that could appear when starting a "bring NPC quest".
- Guru resolved that could appear when the player moved particularly quick through the Gothic 3 world.
- The Guru that could appear after connecting another monitor to the PC is now a regular windows crash ("Could not create singleton").
- Error in calculation of the ingame-time resolved (some corpses were not unspawned, trader inventories were not refreshed).
- Timestamp bug resolved (example: NPCs could burn or be poisoned/frozen forever).
- Problem resolved that made if difficult for the hero to bring certain objects in focus (e.g. the chest on the tower in Ardea)
- Redundant entries removed from ge3.ini.
+ Added new parameter "DisableDEP" in ge3.ini. This switch deactivates the "Data Execution Prevention" of the operating system for Gothic 3. (Beware: This may lead to problems in the game!)
+ Added new parameter "Threads.Priority" in ge3.ini. This switch can be used to give Gothic 3 a higher priority compared to other applications. (Beware: This may lead to problems in the game!)
+ Handling of .mod and .nod files implemented for easy distinction between "real" G3 files and modifications.
+ To reduce errors when loading and saving savegames, the game will check if enough memory is available. Otherwise loading/saving will be refused.
+ To reduce savegame errors, a temporary savegame is used to save data, and then the desired savegame will be overwritten.
+ Separation of the savegames (CP 1.70 without alternative balancing / CP 1.70 with alternative balancing / before CP 1.70).
+ The savegame number is displayed in the load and save menu.
- Exploit by quicksave while reading a stone tablet resolved.
- Defective savegames with a size of 0 Byte can't be loaded.
- Quickload key deactivated while talking to or trading with a NPC.
- Anisotropic filter corrected.
- Lensflare effekt can be switched off.
- Fire effects of fireballs exchanged for performance reasons.
- Movement of leafs and branches corrected.
+ Longleaf pine trees made slightly bushier.
+ Slider for vegetation view range implemented.
- Vegetation can also be switched on if Gothic 3 was started with vegetation switched off.
- More errors in the lighting of vegetation resolved.
- Edge of shore is less grainy, and color of water has been changed.
- Modified gras texture to lessen the flicker effect.
- After switching shadows off and on again during the game, the shadows will now reappear earlier.
- Problem when casting shadows e.g. on dunes and snowy hills) toned down.
- Wine bottles are red instead of green now.
- The colour of Saturas' hands fits the color of his head's skin.
- Wargs now have black fur and a different eye color.
- Eliminated unaesthetic seams at the backside of some NPC's heads and necks.
- (Desert Racers), (White Shadowbeast), and goblin shamans now have the intended looks.
- All icons have been worked over.
- Readability of NPC names etc. improved.
- Bloom effect improved.
- Shader 2.0 materials upgraded to Shader 3.0.
- Some missing normal maps added.
- Missing specular maps of axes added.
- Faulty materials corrected.
+ Rim lighting integrated in Shader 3.0 (optional).
- "Cartoon Shader" not available anymore.
- One has a slightly better vision during sandstorms, snowstorms and fog.
- Fog is no longer calculated cubical, but globular around the hero.
- Sandstorms and fog are less frequent now in Varant.
- Depth of field effect with Shader 3.0 improved.
- Depth of field performance with Shader 2.0 improved.
+ Edge Smoothing implemented for Shader 2.0 and higher.
- New pictures in main menus.
+ While loading a game, 30 different pictures are shown instead of 10.
- Size of Diego's head corrected.
- Bald female slave in Silden now has hairs.
+ Sound when drawing melee weapons included.
+ The waterfalls now have sound.
+ When blessing a weapon, the designated sound is played.
+ Fire crackle turned audible again.
- Noise level slightly reduced for burning NPCs, transformations, drinking, taking antidote and clicking on empty slots of the inventory. Also for the 'Ouch'-ing of the hero when he is wounded.
+ Baskets make another sound than chests.
+ Opening a door now makes a sound.
+ Rain and wind can be heard.
- Implemented Goblin sounds from Gothic 2.
- When returning to the main menu, the music won't change anymore.
- Problem resolved where some sounds became unhearable after changing the volume slider for effects and opening an ingame menu.
- The running animation doesn't stop when the hero takes out or puts away a torch.
- If the hero holds a staff in his left hand and takes (e.g.) his bow while running, the hero won't slide over the ground anymore.
- When the hero is transformed to a meatbug, he will now be animated.
- Eliminated some redundant movements at the beginning of the animations for barbecuing, digging, and forging.
- The hero always jumps when requested.
- Human NPCs now perform the adequate animations at alchemist benches.
- NPCs who are repairing their huts etc. do not stand cluelessly around at their second repair spot.
- Number of situations reduced in which NPCs slide over the ground when they draw or put away their weapon.
- Animals and monsters collapse now, too, when the hero "assassinates" them.
- The hero also tumbles while being hit when he only carries just a torch or staff in his left hand.
- The hero doesn't lie too deep in the water anymore while swimming.
- NPCs look towards their target while cocking their ranged weapon, instead of aiming for the ground.
- Wolves, jackals and wargs run a little bit faster now.
- Gunock is not available as a merchant anymore after the hero denigrated him to Grok.
- Mirzo is not available as a merchant anymore after the hero defeats him.
- Nasib will be available as a teacher at least after solving the quest "Presents for Gonzales".
- Hurit is available as teacher and trader even if Sugut is already dead before the first conversation.
+ The hero now passes Sanchos letter over to Sigmor who will read it.
+ The hero now actually passes Bernados letter over to Bernado or Nafalem resp.
- Kerth hands out the map with the ancestor graves only once.
+ Mojok now drinks the brew that the hero brings him.
- Saturas doesn't hand out his key to the temple of Al Shedim before the hero finds the other four keys.
+ Bengerd voluntarily hands out his fire chalice after the liberation of Montera.
- Vak doesn't take more than 50.000 gold in the quest "Vak needs fifty thousand gold coins for the Hashishin".
- Sentence of Abbas corrected in German version.
- Conditions for two pieces of dialog with or about Dan's slave slightly changed.
- Pieces of dialog with Ateras, Domenik, Giores, and Steve resp. have been assigned to the correct speaker.
- If the hero answers Kaelin's question "Say, are you very busy right now?" with "yes", the hero will say "yes" now instead of "no".
- Will's text "I suppose I don't have a choice" is now audible in English version, too.
- Cobryn's text "Yes, dammit. And it's one helluva job" is now audible in English version, too.
- Sentence "Speaking of people" in dialog with Mannig is now hearable in english version.
- Speech outputs "Mirzo ist ruiniert" and "Innos sei gepriesen!" (said by Cruz) in the German version added.
- Karlen also goes to Nemora eventually when you have told him to do so, but then ask him to show you the desert.
- Kayor and his nomads will not stand in front of Mora Sul forever when the hero has liberated Mora Sul without support of the nomads.
- You cannot ask Kayor to liberate Mora Sul anymore when the city is already liberated.
- Gnar definitely answers to the sentence "I want to enter the castle!".
- Tom also answers the sentence (I can take the ancestor stone to Nordmar) after the quest (The hunters of Faring) failed.
- Fixed small logical errors in dialogs with Abe, Asam, Bram, Emet, Folleck, Giacomo, Grompel, Hector, Inog, Julio, Kafa, Kerth, Marik, Potros, Pranck, Runak, Sugut, Tangach, Trompok, Wilson and Zapotek.
- Several dialogs with Akrabor, Bogir, Brontobb, Bufford, Campa, Daro, Dargoth, Dawson, Dolok, Grompel, Gunock, Josh, Jensgar, Hanson, Kaelin, Kalesch, Kan, Milten, Rasul, Samuel, Sancho, Silvio, Thorald, Uruk, Vasco, and Zapotek respectively brought in correct order.
- If the hero refused to help the rebels, he won't be able to warn Inog about Zapotek.
- Dialog errors when restarting arena fights against Emet, Fedor, Mortis, and Oelk fixed.
- Dialogs regarding the arena fights in the castle of Faring corrected.
- Rozhov won't talk about arena fights anymore after the hero defeated him.
- Before the hero can start arena fights talking to Felipe and Hernando, he has to ask them about the rules.
- The hero can tell Nefarius that the cave is save only when standing in front of the entrance of Horan Ho's cave.
- The hero can also talk to Carlos about the background of the quest "The ruins of Bakaresh" after prematurely ending the quest.
- After Cole arrived in Nemora, the hero can't report him about Russels death anymore.
- Short piece of dialog with Lester is available earlier.
- Short piece of dialog with Uruk is available now.
- Another single sentence of Gorn and Diego resp. added.
- One can tell Fasim about Yussuf's death when one previously bought information about Yussuf from Fasim.
- Dialogs with Lukar that are inappropriate after the liberation of Ben Erai will be deactivated in time.
- Dialogs with Daryl, Kelvin, Leon, Mason, Osko, Otis, Rufus, Sanford, and Montera's innkeeper that are inappropriate after the liberation of Montera will be deactivated in time.
- Wenzel starts talking on his own ("Those cursed orcs") directly after the quest "Wenzel cleans up" is finished.
- Small dialog errors with "sh" fixed and dialog option (back) added when talking about Ben Sala.
- Dialog line from Seruk exchanged because of a missing speech output.
+ Muntasir mentions a place to sleep in Ishtar.
- The dialog after handing out the druid stone to Bogir will also work if the hero can pickpocket, but didn't pickpocket Bogir yet.
- Before Bogir attacks the hero, the dialog menu will be shut automatically.
- After accompanying Hauke to the prospectors' camp, the dialog menu will also be shut at the end of the conversation if the hero can pickpocket, but didn't pickpocket Hauke yet.
- When the duel with Fasim starts, the dialog menu will close automatically.
- The dialog menu will close automatically when Arakos, Cruz, Diego, Fraser, Gembak, Gorn, Hauke, Hogar, Kirk, Lars, Larson, Leif, Merdarion, Mezir, Mort, Pavel, Riordian, Sanuyem, Wenzel, Xardas, the "Eager slave", or the "Particularly eager slave" lead the hero to his destination point.
- Destination point and timing for Hogars comment improved on the way to the Orcs at the bridge.
- Timing improved for Kaelin's comment during the "orc hunt".
- Timing improved for Mitch's comment on the way to the trolls.
- Option "(Activate shrine.)" included before the hero can hand over the artefacts to Innos.
- If the hero doesn't fulfill the requirements to talk to Beliar, the corresponding piece of dialog will now be played at the Beliar shrine in Bakaresh.
+ Julio now blames the hero for liberations in Varant.
- Added english, german and french speech output for Merdarion when teaching Adanos spells.
+ Added english speech output for Amul:"We do not know if we can trust you."
+ Some speech outputs corrected or added in russian version.
- Situations where two NPCs say the same smalltalk sentences at the same time come up less often.
- Prevention of smalltalk with inappropriate partners (e.g. orcs with slaves etc.).
- Inappropriate comments of friendly NPCs about the hero's victories corrcted.
- Ardea will only be populated by rebels when the hero reports to Javier about the liberation of the town.
- Miltens pictures in the epilogue of the Innos ending corrected.
- Endless loop fixed in dialog with Kan.
- Humans and orcs now say goodbye again after the hero told them: "Go back now!".
- NPCs also move their lips when they are just uttering random comments.
- Bug in refusal dialogs fixed.
- Bug in forced dialog aborts fixed.
- Useless InfoScript_Entities1 entries removed from info files.
- Info files expanded: CondHasSkill, CondPlayerKnowsNot, CondWearsItem, InfoScript command "Erase", recognition of CondItemAmounts=0.
- Some dialogs with Sibur Narad and Hatlod are added to the corresponding mission logs.
- More dialogs are added to the mission log of "Gorn shows you the rebels' hideout."
- The quest "Troll hunting with Mitch" can also be succeeded when Mitch doesn't arrive at his actual destination.
- The quest (Hunt the nasty shadowbeasts) can always be started regularly.
- The quest "Rufus escapes from the grain farm" can't be started anymore when Montera is liberated. So Rufus won't disappear on his way to Okara.
- The quest "Discreet business" can be solved in both versions again.
- The quest "Promissory notes for Gonzales" will be cancelled when the hero hands out the notes to Masil.
- The quests "Reddock needs a smith", "Free Kliff from the orcs on the farm", "Bundles of weapons for Phil", and "Find the rebel underground in Cape Dun" will be canceled when the hero talks to Uruk after destroying Reddock.
- The quests "Destroy the rebel underground in Cape Dun!" and "Destroy the rebel camp Reddock" will be canceled after the liberation of Cape Dun if the hero talks to Phil or Wenzel (and still when talking to Javier).
- The quest "Find the rebel underground in Cape Dun" won't be cancelled, but solved successfully when the hero talks to Phil after the revolution.
- The quest "Gorn shows you the rebels' hideout" will not be canceled by getting a bit too far away from Gorn.
+ When the hero wants to give Wilson too much gold for the quest "Sell the skin to Gnar for 500 gold coins", the quest will be solved succesfully.
- The quest "Rescue Gorn from the orcs in Gotha" will be solved successfully when Shawn receives the 1000 gold to rebuild Gotha. At least after that, Gorn will go to Gotha and can be asked to accompany the hero.
- The quest "The way to Merdarion" will be solved successfully as soon as Sanuyem comes close enough to Merdarion.
- The quests "The tribute of the temple" and "Bring Lukjan the hunter the money for the pelts" won't be solved successfully anymore when the addressees knock down the hero and loot him.
- You can also bring all (Escaped Slaves) to Freman when you take them to him one by one.
- Fixed the messages regarding boosts of life, mana, or endurance points of the quests (For Innos!) and (For Beliar!).
- You can't get more than 100% reputation in the cities (also when you still make quests for a city after a liberation)
- The quests "Orc camp wiped out!!!" can be solved in one by one tactics.
- The quest "How loyal are the orcs' mercenaries?" will be cancelled when Sanfords message is given to Roland. In addition, Roland reads the letter during the dialog.
- The quest "Bring Nemrok the artifact from the ruin in the north" will only be succeeded when the hero gives the Shadow scepter to Nemrok.
- The quests "Find the lost paladin Thordir" and "Help the paladin Thordir to get to the castle!" can always be solved - as long as Cobryn and Thordir stay alive.
- The hero will no longer get a reputation point for the orcs for the quest "A plague of bandits in the coastal region". The point will be awarded for the quest "Did the rangers devastate the farm?" instead.
- The quest "Kill the undercover rebel" can regularly be started with Umbrak.
- Quests in which the hero should follow an NPC will be properly cancelled when the liberation of the NPC's town starts, or when the liberation is already running.
- It's still possible to free Lars when the hero talked to Umbrak before talking to Zapotek.
- When the hero attacks Sugut together with Hurit, the quest "A banquet for the vultures" is automatically started.
- When the hero receives reputation points, his total amount of reputation points will be displayed on screen.
- When the hero gives items to an NPC for a quest, it is displayed on screen how many items still have to be delivered.
- The quest "Eliminate the orcs at the temple of Mora Sul" can also be resolved when the hero has already sacrificed the five artifacts of Adanos to a god.
- The hero now receives two smithing skill points for the quest "The moonblade".
- 75% reputation points in Mora Sul made more accessible: For the quests "A sword for Gonzales" and "Promissory notes for Gonzales" one now receives 5 reputation points less each, instead one gets 5 points each for "Orknarok the temple slave" and "Defeat the Paladin in the arena".
- One can release the "emaciated slave" everywhere inside the mine of Lago, not only at the back of the mine.
- Additional way to get the jail key from Fabio implemented.
- Falk won't be unintentionally injured by the hero anymore during the quest "Go snapper hunting with Falk." Same applies to bram during the quest "Hunt the silver wolves with Bram."
- The quest "Eliminate the orcs at the temple of Mora Sul" involves more orcs.
- Quests removed that have never been available in the game anyway.
+ It's indicated in the description if a potion or plant increases an attribute permanently.
- Missing separation bar added to perk menu.
- Font and background colors in recipes and books have more contrast to each other.
- Description window of inventory items enlarged.
- The bottom of the gold value in large smithing recipes isn't cut off anymore.
- The damage bonus for "self forged" is displayed in smithing recipes.
- In weapon descriptions, the damage bonuses for "self forged", "sharpened" and "blessed" are displayed.
- When wearing armor etc., up to six (instead of four) possible bonuses are regarded.
- Mana costs are now displayed in the item description of magic scrolls.
- When opening the map menu, a world map or detail map will be displayed again by default.
- The entries in the mission log are now sorted in the following order: first region, then town, then quest name.
- Mission log entries are no longer cut off at the bottom.
- The displayed time in the mission log will be updated while the menu is open.
- Icon for "sneaking" is now shown in the character menu.
- Icons of the (Heavy Nomad Armor) and (Normal Nomad Armor) were interchanged.
- The icons for "Spiked cudgel" and "Barbed cudgel" have been exchanged.
- The icons for "Krush Agash". "Krush Irmak", and the Meat axe have been adjusted to the look of the weapon in the game.
- The icons for booze, Nordmar Nogginfog, and the related recipes have been adjusted to the look of the bottles in the game.
+ The recipes for meatbug ragout and for stew now have their own icons.
- The tab "recipes" in the "documents" menu has an own icon.
- The tutorial for using a bow only pops up when one draws a bow - not a crossbow.
Inventory related topics (trading, looting, etc.)
+ Traders sell more arrows and mana potions.
- More carrots available.
+ Vibald sells enough exploding arrows and a recipe for exploding arrows.
+ Pedar sells ore blanks.
+ Peratur and Mezir sell artefacts.
+ Faesul sells Endurance potions.
+ Several traders sell more lockpicks now. In exchange, less lockpicks can be found in chests.
- Traders and chests now have more vials.
- Three vials removed from chest in Ardea.
+ Cronos sells more goods.
+ Gamal sells more arrows and bolts during the game.
- Ford's trade inventory fits his dialog lines better.
+ Some NPCs sell Light horned helmet.
- Armon pays more gold for furs.
- Gold supply of the "poor" farmers Farmon and Josh reduced.
- Kalan doesn't sell ore blanks anymore (he claims to need 30 ore blanks himself).
+ Delazar, Gamal, Julio, Kippler, Koraz, Lukar, Mirzo, Potros, Quadir, Temmy, Varant's water vendors and all armor traders now have gold to trade.
+ Campa is now available as a trader right from the start.
- Gold amount and function of "Gold balance" button in trade menu corrected.
- The "Trade" button is only active if the value of the goods on the trader's side is at least one gold.
- If the hero gives gold to an NPC, he can't get it back via looting.
- When the hero loots NPCs or opens his own inventory, he stops running.
- It's not possible anymore to open empty loot inventories of unconscious NPCs.
- NPCs don't have two separate gold stacks in their inventory anymore.
+ One can loot claws from fire lizards.
- It's not possible anymore to loot demon's swords.
- Lester doesn't have the key for the temple of Al Shedim until he arrives in Al Shedim.
- Milten doesn't have his fire chalice until he's in the monastery.
- The Hashishin who ambush Xardas on his way to the portal don't have "Surus' order" in their inventory anymore.
- When leaving the trade menu etc., the hero won't put away torches and staffs unrequestedly.
- When the hero equips armor, weapons and shields, those items will be separated properly in the inventory.
- The hero can change from crossbow to bow without further ado.
- It's not possible to change arrows anymore when the bow is drawn.
- If the hero wants to use a whetstone, a cooking pot, an anvil, an alchemy table or a campfire while holding a torch, the torch will be extinguished (eliminated) and won't be lit up again afterwards.
- You can arm the hero with shield and weapons in the inventory without making him put away a torch (Exception: staffs).
- Two-handed weapons that the hero has in his hands are put on his back when he takes a torch. The same applys for shields.
- When the hero picks up a weapon or a shield from the ground, he'll equip it right away if he fulfills all requirements and has a free slot for the item. If it's his own weapon, the game will try to assign a quickslot.
- The hero can only draw weapons from his back when he still fulfills the requirements.
- When using a magic flame sword, the hero can equip a shield via quickslot.
- After using the last plant or other consumable of a quickslot, the hero won't continue to use or draw things when hitting the quickslot key again.
- Teleport stones won't be drawn by pressing space bar anymore.
- The hero doesn't unequip held staffs after a teleport.
- Bug removed where the hero only feigned to draw his weapons.
+ The paladins who attack Xardas shortly before the portal, and some previously unarmed orc mercenaries now have weapons.
- Mannig now has sword and shield on his back instead of a simple club.
- Guards have only one sort of melee weapons equipped.
+ If the hero hands out Wenzel's sword, it will be attached to Wenzel's back.
- Bug resolved where traders like Hamlar sometimes wore two weapons on their back.
- The hero has his orcslayer on his back at gamestart (as seen in the intro movie).
+ Diego has a better bow now.
- Lester now wears a druid's robe (as seen in the intro movie).
- Angar now wears a nomad raider armor.
- Error eliminated due to which the armor values of the hero could be permanently increased.
- The "Amulet of the hunter" now provides the mentioned dexterity bonus.
- Fixed CP 1.5 error where the hero could get 100% armor protection and thus become invulnerable.
- "Worn" shields provide only half protection.
- Attribute bonuses of "worn" weapons and shields are halved; worn items don't grant bonus perks anymore.
- The broken wooden shield provides less protection.
- Barbed cudgels of stalkers are now "worn". Same applies to lumberjack axes, scythes, and rusty two-handers of slaves.
- It's now possible to take troll horns from black trolls.
- The "Staff of the Eternal Wanderer" is a blunt weapon, not a blade weapon.
- To be able to use the "Quarterstaff", the hero needs the perk "Staff fighting". Damage was increased to 55.
- To be able to use the "Judge's staff", the hero needs the perk "Staff fighting". Damage was increased to 85.
- The hero now only needs the perk "Large weapons" instead of "Large weapons II" to use the weapons "Rusty two-hander" and "Two-hander."
- The hero can sharpen, poison and bless the moon blade again. The former quest exploit has been removed.
- Magic staves that grant a bonus on max. mana or max health also increase the current mana or health points (percental).
- Unwanted poisoning or blessing of wrong items is not possible anymore.
- Poisoned weapons that have been bought or found in chests now actually poison NPCs.
- You can poison as many blade quarrels with one bottle of poison as arrows.
- Blade quarrels don't lose their attributes ((sharpened), (poisoned)) after being shot.
- Hits with headknock arrows always cause damage.
- When the hero shoots a fire arrow, there will not be a second arrow falling to the ground.
- Fire arrows and torches now have a focus text.
- "Stew" has different values, "Recipe for stew" has different ingredients.
- Wine refreshes mana instead of stamina.
- The recipe for antidote has a new composition.
- Recipes for poison and special arrows revised.
- The following NPCs will now be kept in the game as long as they have quest items in their inventory: Bengerd, Fabio, Markus, Masil, Rakus, King Rhobar, Treslott, Urkrass, Zuben, and the Demon of Gotha.
- The ancestor stone of Snorre is deleted from the inventory of the orc shaman.
+ In the house with the alchimist's bench in Ardea, empty phials are placed on the right and the left of the entrance.
- The items "stick", "letter", and "burnt torch" don't lie around in the game anymore.
- Unreachable casket in a shelf in Geldern made accessible.
- "Helmet of the first Paladin" moved to another place.
+ Second teleporter stone to Braga placed in the world.
+ Quest items like fish barrels, firewood etc. disappear from the game when one has delivered them to their final destination.
- Weapon packs, milk barrels, wheat sacks, herbaceous lobelia and Masil's promissory notes are now internally considered as quest items, so they disappear from the game after they've been given to an NPC.
- Gold value for special arrows revised.
- The artifacts of Adanos now have a higher gold value. (Purely symbolical - they can't be sold anyway.)
- The "Potion against diseases" comes now in a grey bottle.
- The golden plates that one should bring to Lares now actually look like golden plates.
- When consuming potions, plants etc. that increase attributes permanently, a corresponding message will be displayed.
- Diego doesn't sit below, above or behind his bench in Braga anymore.
- Vatras does not sleep in a 90Â° angle on his mat anymore.
- Pedar and Rathgar don't stand inside each other anymore, and so do Jorn and Jensgar.
- The guards between Lukar and Vasco don't stand inside each other anymore.
- The hashishin and the orc at the upper entrance of Ben Sala don't stand inside each other anymore.
- Fasim and the orc don't sit inside each other anymore.
- The hashishins near Benito don't sit inside each other anymore.
- Yussuf is now sitting on top of the sand instead of halfway inside.
- Enzo doesn't hover next to his smithing chimney anymore.
- Several NPCs who were hammering in thin air have been put closer to the hut they were working on, e.g. Tippler, a rebel in Reddock, slaves in Silden and Cape Dun, rebels in Ardea etc.
+ Cave west of the nomad camp near Bakaresh filled with sandcrawlers.
- Merchant who was floating behind his table in Gotha put to the ground.
- NPC moved who stood on a tree trunk after the liberation of Silden.
- There's no barbecue party at the beliar statue in Gotha anymore while the city becomes rebuilt.
- The vultures have been deleted from the game (because of missing animations).
- In Geldern and Silden one orc mercenary each was deleted from the game because they didn't join in the fights during the liberations.
- Emet's resting place moved to the vicinity of the arena.
- The rebel in the hut to the right of the Innos Statue in Okara doesn't sleep underneath his bed anymore.
- The guards at the entrance of Reddock don't stand too close to torches anymore.
- Risk of spawning the undead from "Army of Darkness" into one another reduced.
- Wilson's destination point of the quest "Go lurker hunting with Wilson" improved.
- The sabertooth tigers on Kaelin's way to the orks have been repositioned.
- The scavengers on Mitch's way to the trolls have been repositioned.
- Several misplaced animals (sandcrawler, ripper etc.) corrected.
- When Ishtar has been taken over by nomads, the previous slaves won't be in the town anymore.
- The rebels near Mason, Otis, and Daryl disappear when the population of Montera changes after the liberation.
- The slaves just outside Cape Dun disappear after the rebels took over the city.
- Larson doesn't climb a cliffy rock face to reach his ore mines.
- Riordian doesn't climb a mountain on his way to Asaru.
- Esiel now can walk between his cettle and his bed without getting stuck. During the night he will be sleeping, in the morning he will find his way out of his house.
- Mezir finds his way to Ramirez also by night without too many detours.
- Mezir does not get stuck to a tree at Murat's oasis.
- Avogadro does not walk back and forth along the fence of Josh's farm anymore while he actually wants to go to Trelis.
- Wenzel won't get stuck at Urkrass' warehouse on his way to Cape Dun's city gate.
- Xardas does not get stuck to a chest by the river near Silden on the way to the portal.
- Gembaks route to Ivan improved.
- Thorald now walks to the meeting point near the Hammerclan mine by himself.
- The deer near the bridge of the Wolf Clan runs away now.
- After Phil has been told about the liberation of Kap Dun, he will no longer walk into the mountain that he was working on.
- The orcs near Jorn and Jensgar ("orc drummer" quest) do not run through the walls of their tent anymore.
- The "Sneaky Ogres" do not fall through the texture of their cave entrance.
- Pavel won't disappear in the meadow on the way to his cabin anymore.
- Kirk doesn't disappear in a wall on his way to the desert raiders anymore.
- Improved NPC navigation in the ripperbeast cave underneath Josh's farm and in the goblin cave near Ardea.
- The "Shy deers" do not run into the rocks near Chris anymore.
- Miguel doesn't disappear behind the walls of his cave so easily while fighting against zombies.
- The sandlurkers in the subterranean room near Nefarius don't run into the walls so often.
- The "Constipated lizard" doesn't run into the rocks anymore.
- Rakus, Merdarion, Sanuyem, the minecrawlers near Okara, the tunnel wolves, Kayor and his men, Riordian, Asaru and his men, the bandits between Montera and Domenik's farm, the ripperbeasts northwest from Silden and others do not run into the walls of their caves anymore.
- Undead will not walk behind the walls in the entrance area of the temples of Mora Sul, Al Shedim, Trelis and Ben Sala.
- Attacking Hashishin in the palace of Ishtar do not run into the wall of a passage so easily anymore.
- Mort doesn't disappear into a cliff anymore on his way from the Wolf Clan to the Fire Clan.
- Cole doesn't run through a big rock anymore on his way to Nemora.
- NPCs don't run into the staircase near the southern city gate of Geldern so often.
- The trolls near the pass to Varant don't walk through the rock of the small upheaval where they live.
- Dennis' cows do not flee over a rock anymore that was blocking their way.
- Problem that attacking animals and other NPCs ran into the rocks the hero was standing on was reduced or solved in many places.
- Covered a "collision hole" in a stair in Ishtar.
- NPCs do not climb into the porch of the smithy in Ardea or on Fabio's veranda from the side anymore.
- Karmok and the slaves near him won't carry their stones in the nearby house anymore, but to a pile of rubble in an other part of Ishtar instead.
- Several navigation zones expanded or added completely, especially in Varant, but also near Ardea etc.
- Navigation and fighting possibilities of the dragons underneath Cape Dun improved.
- The Demon of Gotha now also attacks if the hero fires at him with ranged weapons while standing in one of the archways.
- Aila's navigation on her way to Braga improved.
- Numerous new paths added between navigation zones, so that attackers don't have to make detours and companions don't get lost so often. (e.g. on the way from Trelis to Geldern).
- NPC navigation across bridges enabled or improved respectively, for example at Anog's rebel camp, Domenik's farm, the mill of Silden, etc.
- Bloodflies do not dive into water.
- The goblins near Silden won't follow the hero into the river, so they won't drown anymore.
- NPCs who attack the hero will suffer "collateral damage" during the hero's attacks.
- Unintended injuries of potentially like-minded NPCs during fights reduced.
- Knut and Redge now are able to hurt their nomad companions when the attack was forced by the spell "bloodlust".
- If the hero jumps up in an arena, he won't automatically lose the fight.
- Unintended doubling of damage with blunt weapons when fighting against skeletons and golems fixed.
- "One hit kill bug" during large battles fixed.
- Reduced the number of situations where fighting NPCs suddenly stop to move.
- Fighting NPCs do not put away their weapons anymore after they fell from a small height, but continue to fight instead.
- NPCs who want to pick up their weapon after a fight can't be disturbed anymore by talking to them or by fights in the background.
+ When defeated NPCs pick up their weapons from the ground, they instantly equip them again.
- By killing a town's leader, a revolution will be started even if there have been no witnesses. Exception: The hero can kill the orc leaders in Myrtana again without triggering a revolution after Beliar told him to do so.
- If NPCs attack the hero when they are sitting then their heads don't sink in to their bodies.
- If NPCs have a weapon somewhere in their inventory they will draw when they start to fight.
- Error resolved that NPCs sometimes would keep standing in attack position after a fight.
- When the hero is an animal, he can attack animals of his own race.
- NPCs who fought against the hero when the game was saved continue this fight after reloading that savegame.
- NPCs who are fighting an enemy don't get distracted anymore when one of their comrades dies.
- Problem resolved where Malir sometimes didn't attack the hero or Tufail.
- Animals and monsters don't walk backwards for a very long time anymore instead of attacking.
- NPCs don't continue shooting at far away enemies when other NPCs are standing closer. Instead, they might change to close combat more often.
- NPCs find out whether they shoot against a barrier instead of their enemy. If they do, they try to correct their position.
- When the hero stalemates a mage, the NPC will switch to close combat.
- Osmund is stronger now, so the orcs won't kill him so fast anymore.
- The "undead commanders" near the temple of Mora Sul are now stronger than regular zombies.
- Merdarion and Tufail are stronger now, too.
- Fire lizards are now immune to fire.
Unconsciousness and death
- Health points of NPCs who get killed by "assassination" will be set to zero.
- Creatures which are killed by melee weapons will fly less far away.
- The hero will also become unconscious when he was jumping or sliding when he lost his hit last life points.
- NPCs instantly have proper collision again when waking up after being unconscious.
- Opening a HUD menu doesn't prevent the hero from death by poison.
- The hero dies when he is poisoned and knocked down.
- The hero doesn't die from poison during arena fights or "friendly" duels. (This is an exception to the rule mentioned above.)
- Burning or poisoned NPCs only die from fire or poison when they are hostile to the hero.
+ NPCs stop burning when they go far enough into water.
- When encountering Ramirez' body the first time, it won't be invisible.
- Respawn reactivated and corrected.
- Calculation of damage after falls changed.
- Guards don't get distracted by nonlethal fights anymore (e.g. arena fights).
- Town leaders do not let themselves being drawn from their house at all by any fight.
- When the hero pulls a weapon, his friends will never feel threatened by it.
- Wilson doesn't react hostile if the hero draws his weapon while they are on lurker hunt together.
- NPCs who support the hero during the liberation of Braga, Mora Sul or Trelis don't feel threatened by the hero's weapon.
- Human spectators of arena fights run to the arena instead of walking there.
- Corrected NPC reactions when the hero loses an arena fight by leaving the arena.
- When the hero enters an arena and leaves again instantly, the arena combatant won't remain in fighting position permanently.
- When (re)starting an arena fight, the spectators won't attack the hero even if he attacked and defeated them before.
- Arena fights against two or more combatants corrected.
- Farm animals don't come as viewers to duels anymore.
- If the hero knocks down a single NPC in a building without a good reason, he will be attacked by witnesses from outside the building.
- NPCs help their "fellow citizens" when they are attacked by animals.
- When an animal or monster gets killed with a single hit, the witnesses will react properly.
- If the hero kills the cows of Dennis' stockyard, only orcs and mercenaries will attack, but not Mason etc.
- NPCs won't notice the hero anymore through floors when he enters another storey of their house.
- NPCs won't involve the hero in conversations through walls anymore (except perceptive guards).
- If the hero reacts to NPCs demanding "Get out of here!" early enough, they won't attack him.
- When the hero enters the house left below the gate of Ishtar, it will no longer provoke an attack of the guards.
- Sleeping NPCs won't wake up when the hero just passes by outside their house.
- Reaction "waking up and attack" of common NPCs on the spell "Amnesia" eliminated.
- Humans don't sit on orc thonres.
- Problem resolved where some slaves "thought" that they are guards.
- Diego, Gorn, Lester, and Milten won't disappear quite as early from Ardea.
- Diego, Gorn and Milten don't travel back to Ardea by mistake anymore.
- Orcs won't attack when the hero picks up a "bundle of weapons".
- Marik won't attack the hero for taking Bradley's slave list.
- Jens doesn't sympathize with the orcs anymore.
- Lee's attack to King Rhobar starts the liberation in Vengard Rhobar's guards now help him instead of watching the fight.
- The orcs in Snorre's tomb do not attack each other anymore.
- Hamlar is not marked as a "Friend" anymore.
- Lee and Lares now behave as friends of the hero right from the start.
- When the hero attacks members of the fireclan, Lee won't fight against him, but support him instead.
- Unfriendly behaviour of several NPCs after the hero reached a reputation of 75% and after liberations corrected.
- All slaves and rebels in Cape Dun now switch to "green" as soon as the revolution is prepared.
- Arena opponents stop fighting when the hero leaves the arena. When hero continues to attack him, bystanders will join in the fight.
- When the hero prepares the liberation of a city properly, the color of the names of the potential enemies in this town will turn to orange.
- Slaves near the temple of Mora Sul now also stay there after midnight instead of walking/sliding to Myrtana.
- Silvio now goes back to Bakaresh after a fight or after he left the hero's group.
- Mason and his two companions won't just walk to Dennis' stockyard with no reason.
+ Mason, Daryl, Otis and Sanford aid in liberating the city when the hero asks one of them for help after he prepared the revolution properly.
+ Mason, Daryl, Otis and Montera's innkeper stay in Montera after the liberation of the city.
- Asam, Zuben, and one other Hashishin feel connected to Ishtar and will become 'red' during a revolution.
- Tufail will defend Braga against the hero if the quest "Tribute from Braga" was successfully completed. The other hashishins near him defend Braga in any case.
- After Beliar told the hero to kill Zuben, Zuben won't be Ishtar's town leader anymore, so the Hashishin don't care if the hero kills him.
- Shakyor helps with the liberation of Lago.
- Candela, Fraser, Kent, Owen, Randall and Rakus only feel connected to Okara when the hero has finished their connected quests successfully.
- After Kliff was brought to Javier in Reddock, Kliff will belong to the rebels.
- After Rufus was brought to Okara, he will belong to the rebels.
- After Cole was brought to Nemora, he will belong to the rebels.
- When Karlen is sent to Nemora, he will belong to the rebels.
- Knut and his nomads only aid in the liberation of Bakaresh when the hero has convinced them to do so.
- The nomads from Onatas and Pakwan now aid in the liberation of Al Shedim.
- The commanders at the orc barrier in front of Vengard now have a voice.
- The mute bandit near Malir now has a voice.
- Enemies don't stop their attacks when the hero transforms into an animal - or ends his transformation - while they can see him.
- NPCs who were attacked by the hero as an animal will not react aggressive later on, as long as they have not witnessed his transformation back to human shape.
- When the hero has transformed himself to a dangerous animal, also Orcs and Hashishin will be hostile towards him.
- Humans and Orcs react hostile towards boars.
- The Orcs in Al Shedim also react aggressive on the murder of one of their companions when the hero has already sacrificed the five artifacts of Adanos to one of the gods.
- During a liberation of a town, slaves are not mad at the hero without reason while they do not participate in the liberation.
- Rangers and druids react friendly towards the hero when he is transformed into an animal.
- The female dancers in Ishtar do not act hostile towards the hero anymore after the liberation of the city and the exchange of citizens.
- Avogadro doesn't just hang around at a boostand all the time after returning to Trelis.
- Sanuyem now knows how to busy himself after he lead the hero to Merdarion.
- After bringing the "Slaves from Silden" and some other NPCs to their destination, they will stay there instead of walking back to their initial position.
- Graypelt returns to Hanson after the quest "Follow Graypelt to Xardas's tower", even if the game has been saved and loaded again in the meantime.
- After Asaru said "We showed them!" after the liberation of Braga, he and his fellow nomads will peacefully settle down in the town.
- If the hero prepares the liberation of Ben Erai properly by talking to Lukar, Lukar will join in fights.
- If Lukar survives the liberation of Ben Erai, he will mingle with the nomads after Ben Erai's population was exchanged.
- Lukar no longer supports the hero when the hero defeated him for the quest "Lukar had better get out!".
+ Lukar is available as teacher and trader after the liberation of Ben Erai - as long as the hero didn't defeat him before.
- Bug resolved where NPCs walked away while the hero was talking to them.
- If the hero tells his companions to "wait here", they won't meddle with fights.
- The hero's companions won't be generally ignored by other NPCs, but will be judged by their "political alignment".
- The hero's companions won't attack neutral spectators of fights.
- When the hero commands his companions to (Wait here) and then to (Come with me) again without ending the dialog inbetween, they will indeed follow him and not go over to their daily routines.
- Companions do not pursue pigs and cows which the hero injured.
- Summoned monsters die when the hero is more than 50 meters away from them. This doesn't happen if the hero told them to "Wait here".
- After the hero has swum, his companions will follow him again by themselves.
- Companions help the hero when he is attacked at Kirk's ambush and in similar situations.
- Copper can only be made a companion after the hero defeated him in the arena.
- NPCs who are supposed to lead the hero somewhere won't just stay seated.
- If the hero has to "deliver" an NPC to another NPC, they actually have to be close to their target destination.
- NPCs who lead the hero to another NPC stop following that NPC around after the hero thanked them for the guidance.
- NPCs who lead the hero somewhere do not go ahead too far.
Perks and magic
- Health points after returning from "Soul travel" corrected.
- After changing back from animal form or "Soul travel" there is no "second armor" on the hero's body anymore ("Head_Player bug").
- Spell "Army of Darkness" reactivated.
+ The spell "Transfer disease" now has an effect on NPCs: It will slow down their combat moves.
- One also has to pay gold to learn the spell "Ice explosion".
- Light spells will be taken along when teleporting.
- Fireballs, which are aimed from the side to boars or alligators, will not fail to reach their targets anymore.
- The spell "Heal other" can't be casted on "red" or fleeing NPCs anymore.
- With the perk "Silent hunter" and bow or crossbow in his hands, the hero can walk closer to animals and monsters without sneaking and without being noticed.
- Effect of the perk "Magic staves" corrected; description improved.
+ With the perk "Strong shield parry", the hero will lose only half as much stamina as usual when blocking an attack.
+ Lares teaches the perk "Masterthief".
- The hero can also pickpocket NPCs he defeated before.
+ The hero can fabricate "Sharp arrows" from regular arrows and animal teeth now after he learned the skill (from a book) and found the necessary recipe.
- When the hero has transformed into an animal and kills another animal or monster, he can take the skin, teeth, etc. after changing back, in case the skill was learned before the transformation.
- It's not necessary anymore to have learned "Take reptile hides" to get dark snapper leather from snappers (bug from previous CP).
- The hero doesn't lie down diagonally anymore when going to sleep.
- The hero doesn't slide over the ground when standing up from bed or ground while a movement key is pressed.
- Double beds in Murat's oasis deleted.
- Sebastian's bed repositioned.
- The hero can open chests while sneaking.
- When the hero opens a chest, he will stay on the ground instead of being lifted upwards or pushed down.
- The hero won't kneel down besides chests, but in front of them.
- If the hero wants to use, bookstands, chests, beds, etc., but cancels the action, the objects will still keep their collision.
- It's possible to play orcdrums more than once in a row.
+ Cows can be "milked".
- NPCs who are removed from the game after liberations do not block things anymore.
- NPCs in "magic sleep" won't be disturbed anymore by the sound of footsteps or opening of chests.
- NPCs in "magic sleep" and the hero's companions don't occupy interactive objects.
- Several usable objects were turned around, lowered, lifted, straightened up, etc. (basket in Montera, alchemist's bench in Gotha, stool in Ben Sala, several chests, beds, campfires, spits, tree trunks, benches, etc.)
- Several veins made accessible, e.g. in and around Okara, near the Hammer Clan, etc.
- Temple doors in Al Shedim and Mora Sul adjusted. Companions can follow the hero to the outside again.
- Interactive Objects like the anvil in Ardea, the bookshelves in Cape Dun etc., can be used directly after liberating the city.
- The treasury of Geldern can only be opened with the fitting key.
- Sigmors chest can only be opened with Sigmors key.
- When opening chests, the picklock can break (depending on chest type and the hero's lockpick abilities).
- Problem when trying to open the chest in Ashton's hut resolved.
- NPCs who will repopulate the towns after a liberation don't block interactive objects immediately.
- Campfires, boulders and water basins now have a focus text.
+ Items and enemies were put into the castle ruin on top of the mountains near Silden.
+ Island "between" Myrtana and Varant was slightly beefed up.
+ The four missing "old chests" were placed somewhere in the world.
+ Several new NPCs included for the "Quest package".
+ New NPC CP_NewGuy in Ishtar included (near Delazar).
+ The "Constipated lizard" has also the "Druid stone of the lizard" in his stomach now.
+ The objects Knight's shield, Horned helmet, Light horned helmet, Druid stone of the lurker and others hav been added to the game.
+ In addition, another "Pure magic ore blank", Battleaxe, Silent Death, and Katana has been added to the game. (The workaround with Angar handing out a Katana has been undone.)
+ Some nice stuff and enemies placed in some hard to reach areas.
+ Another scroll "Army of Darkness" available.
+ Teleport to Al Shedim included.
Other topics of world design
- Mazin's cave is illuminated now.
- "Fish cave" near SIlden is now also illuminated when using shader 3.0.
- Numerous objects are now lighted correctly, e.g. stones underneath Cape Dun, items in the bandit's cave near Montera and in the mine of Geldern, stones and other things in Rakus' cave and in Reddock etc.
- Candles, which appear after the Geldern mines are reactivated, have been repositioned
- Numerous floating vegetation elements (trees, bushes, mushrooms, cactuses, ferns, bunches of grass, etc.) positioned correctly.
- Numerous floating stones, rocks, boxes, spider webs and other objects put to the ground.
-Numerous items that were stuck into each other were seperated (stool in cart of Kurt's camp, pickable plants in rocks, grass in campfires, branches in houses, chests in Kalans house, two racks in Ben Sala, barrels, fishing nets, etc. etc.)
- Several illogically placed objects removed (barrel on top of Vak's house, rack on a rooftop in Faring, unexplainable spume, orc drum in Gotha, etc.)
- Hid open fire in houses that could partially be seen from outside in several places..
- Several texture gaps closed or hid (window in Gotha, walls in Vengard, bottom texture near the waterfalls behind Silden, etc.)
- Two pieces of the city wall of Geldern aligned correctly, and two holes have been closed.
- Walls without texture in the ruins of Al Shedim are now disguised.
- Hid blurred textures at the pass to Varant and in several other places behind stones.
- Blocked the tunnel between Myrtana and Nordmar (above Faring) with large stones.
- Hole covered in the roof of Vatras' prison.
- The hero can not get trapped anymore under the blocked bridge in Vengard.
- Bags inGotha where the hero could get stuck upon replaced by other items.
- Invisible barriers in some passages in temples have been concealed behind visible barriers.
- Water surface patched in several places.
- Arena borders in Bakaresh, Faring, Geldern, Cape Dun, Lago, Montera, Mora Sul and Silden have been reworked.
+ Crossbar added to window near Karrypto.
- Faultily textured and other virtually invisible 3D objects removed from the sea near Silden.
Camera related topics
- Objects between the hero and the camera don't interfere with the aiming direction of bows and crossbows.
- Camera does not turn to the sky anymore when you begin to talk to a NPC.
- The camera can't be zoomed while a menu is open.
- The camera will not rotate about 180Â° in first person mode anymore after opening and closing chests, inventories from enemies or the own inventory. Therefore the camera won't switch from first person mode to third person mode anymore when the hero opens a chest.
- The hero's shadow is not headless anymore in first person mode.
- Problem resolved where the game didn't react to any keyboard or mouse action.
+ Alternative key combination to open the marvin console: left SHIFT + right SHIFT + Home.
- Default key fÃ¼r switching the quickslot bar on and off corrected to "Scroll Lock".
+ (Take all) to plunder NPCs and chests works by pressing a key (Default: (Z)).
+ There are keys for drinking a healing potion, mana potion and endurance potion (Default: keys 7 till 9 on the number block).
- Unintentional increase of the liberation counter for orc enclaves in marvin mode isn't possible anymore.
+ Up- and down-movement of the camera while looking back is invertible.
- The hero doesn't get stuck in sneaking mode when holding a crossbow.
- When the hero was knocked out while sneaking, he won't automatically fall back to sneak mode after waking up.
- Bug removed where the hero got unintentionally stuck in sprinting or sneaking mode after opening an enemy's inventory.
- Stamina exploit when sprinting while looking back removed.
- The hero doesn't lose stamina while walking backwards or sideways anymore.
- The hero is not invisible for NPCs anymore after teleporting out of magical fog.
- Drinking "Cure disease" or "Antidote" can't be interrupted by opening a menu. If the hero gets hit, the grafic effects disappear.
- When the hero holds a bow in his hand starts to glide or gets hurt, he will not automatically fire an arrow afterwards when the player releases the mouse button.
- Problem resolved where the hero would make an action in the game when one clicked on "Back" in the main menu.
- Some errors fixed that caused the hero to "think" that he doesn't have any ammo left.
- Blade quarrels are sharpened stack by stack now instead of one by one.
- Focusing enemies with magic improved: NPCs who stand closer and attacking NPCs are more easy to get in focus.
- The (Auto focus) during battles is more flexible now you can switch easier between enemies.
- Third level of crossbow and bow skills don't have identical names anymore (in German version only).
- Subtitles for learning the perks (Staff Fight I) and (Staff Fight II) from Ateras and Shakyor added. (Still without voice output.)
- Several hundred standard dialogs of the Italian and Spanish version now have subtitles.
- Some errors in Spanish texts corrected.
- Some errors in English texts corrected.
- Many Polish subtitles corrected.
- Many Russian subtitles corrected.
- Several spelling errors in German version corrected.
- Description of the scroll "Army of darkness" shortened in German version.
- Description of the spell "Ice lance" specified.
- Description of the spell "Tame animal" specified.
- Description of the "Fog" spell slighty elaborated.
- Descriptions added to all weapons, armors and shields as well as to some artefacts in English and German.
- Descriptions added to all items in Polish.
- The deers at the plateau next to Hanson now bear the name "Highland Deer".
- One "Amulet of the Hunter" is renamed to "Amulet of Dexterity".
- The spell "Word of dominance" now has the name "Word of dominance" instead of "Command" in the dialog menu of Innos shrines.
- The text "LP" (meaning "learning points") in the dialog menu is now multiligual.
Only with "Alternative Balancing" switch turned on:
Weapons and armor
- Protection values of armor, shields and helmets revised.
- Requirements of strength and perks to use a shield implemented.
- New reputation requirements when buying armor.
- Farmer's, Ranger's and Nomad's clothes are now treated as robes.
- Damage, gold value, and required attributes of weapons revised (swords, large weapons, bows, staves, magic staves, woodcutter's axe and pickaxe).
- The main required attribute for the Master sword is now dexterity.
- Some special swords and large weapons grant additional bonuses.
- The hero needs Ancient Knowledge of 250 or 300 resp. to wear the Crown of Adanos or the Robe of Adanos.
- (Almost every of the) Quests, for which the hero has to kill someone, will be cancelled or can not be succeeded anymore, when the quest giver dies.
- The hero also gets a little attribute boost as a reward if he decides to follow Xardas ("Adanos way").
+ The hero gets experience points for pickpocketing.
- Less experience points for killing harmless animals like rabbits, snakes, cows etc.
- For killing a Goblin Shaman, one now receives +70 experience.
- Black Trolls now are stronger than regular trolls. When the hero kills them, he will receive +700 experience.
Perks, magic, attributes
- The hero has to invest twice as much gold and learning points to increase strength, hunting skill or ancient knowledge if he already has 250 points or more.
- Bookshelves and large stone tablets only provide 3 instead of 5 points of ancient knowledge or alchemie resp.
- Permanent bonuses of potions and small stone tablets changed.
- Adjustment of required attributes, learning points, and gold costs when learning perks.
- The reduction of the perk "Mana regeneration" from CP 1.5 is now only in effect when "alternative balancing" is switched on.
- The perk "Regeneration" (of hitpoints) is not active when the hero carries a weapon in his hand.
- The regeneration of life energy is now percental (1,25 % of max. life energy per second).
- The perk "Acrobatics" won't make the hero immortal when falling.
- After learning the perk "Masterthief", the hero can commit thefts in cities without being taken to task for them (as long as nobody witnesses the theft).
- The perk "Magic staves" gets more powerful when the hero's ancient knowledge increases.
- Adjustment of required attributes, learning points, and gold costs when learning new spells.
- Dependencies on perks or spells when learning spells added.
- Dependencies between perks revised.
- Adjustment of mana usage of some spells.
- Power and effect of several damage spells revised.
- The spells Hailstorm, Fire rain and Time bubble will take effect around the NPC in focus, not around the hero.
- Some of the "highest knowledge" spells have been exchanged.
- When starting a new game, the hero has 150 stamina points.
- The hero loses slightly less stamina when running than before.
- While a menu is open, the hero won't regenerate stamina, life energy or mana.
- During a parade, the hero will only regenerate as much stamina as if the hero was diseased.
- If the hero has too few stamina points, his hits will be slower in melee fights.
- Goblin shamans don't cast homing fireballs anymore, only normal ones.
- Fighting behaviour of Xardas improved.
- New damage and protection calculation when NPCs hit the hero with melee weapons.
- When playing with difficulty "hard", bows and crossbows cause 20% more damage than before.
- When humans or orcs fight with fists, they cause less damage.
- The hero's oponents suffer less damage during arena fights.
- Rearmament of a disarmed NPC toned down.
- Some particularly mighty weapons can't be bought from traders anymore. Those special items are only be available by looting chests.
- Traders pay the hero slightly less gold for his goods.
Only with AI switch turned on: New melee AI for NPCs
- When NPCs use weapons, they are able to block an attack completely.
- The hero can block constantly for 2.5 seconds at most.
- NPCs can't block forever, too, but longer than the hero.
- A successful block can be recognized by a corresponding sound.
- Enemies won't hit from too far away so often.
- NPCs who use a weapon can walk in a circle around the hero.
- The "intelligence" (or error frequency, resp.) of NPCs is attached to the level of difficulty.
- Arena fights are one level harder than other fights.
- Animals and monsters are able to sprint to their enemies.
- Hit probability of animals and monsters potentially improved.
- Animals and monsters use different combat tactics when the player rightclicks constantly.
- Nearly all animals and monsters now chase after the hero longer than before.
Only with AI switch and/or "Alternative Balancing" turned on:
- The hero can be attacked by a maximum of one, two or three melee enemies at the same time (depending on the level of difficulty).
- Attack frequency of boars, wolves, Temple guards etc. decreased. Exceptions: zombies and mummies.
- Attack movements of trolls are slower.
- Some mages are able to summon creatures who help them when the hero attacks them or their comrades.