Category: News ArchiveHits: 1040
We've spent the last week or so reading the forums, talking with our players, and working our way through the top issues with the game as quickly as possible. This patch has not only a good number of bug fixes, but also some new features that you've been asking for.
A lot of work has been done on the chat interface. This is step one in our overhaul of the system, but we think you'll find it more user-friendly and less intrusive. We've also given everyone 24 character slots to encourage playing with different builds and classes. The game is also more stable, and we're continuing to work on numerous areas to make the play experience better and better.
We wanted to offer a quick note on the Invisible Party Members bug. We have good news and future good news. The good news is that we have identified why this is happening and have a couple of solutions for the problem. Unfortunately we made our discovery too late to include any fixes in this patch, so the future good news is that we'll be addressing this issue in our next patch.
Patch 0.5 also brings an end to the Guy Fawkes event. We learned a lot about what does and doesn't work for our players, making it successful on several levels. As always, we greatly appreciate your feedback on how we can make future events better and even more fun.
Please be aware... Patch implementation is expected to cause server outages between 9:00am PST and 11:00am PST on November 20.
Full patch notes follows!
- All players now have 24 character slots.
- Fixed a known issue with the inventory user interface that caused the client to lock up.
- Fixed a bug which caused the Mini-game to sometimes become stuck.
- Added a /help command to provide assistance using available / commands.
- Some new posters have been added to stations, so check them out!
- Fixed known issues which sometimes caused players to be disconnected and receive an erroneous network error message.
- Fixed an issue where some home routers would disconnect a user due to an inactive connection.
- Fixed known bugs which sometimes disconnected players during multiplayer quests.
- Fixed problems with NetLimiter 1.30 and some older versions of Norton Antivirus and McAfee Antivirus which would make the user entirely unable to connect to the game.
- Made several chat interface improvements and the text entry more intuitive.
- Chat window is now open by default in multiplayer.
- Fixed chat window closing when traveling between zones.
- Fixed several cases where the chat window would obstruct other UI components.
- Chat context (such as Party and Guild) is now more clearly defined in the text entry window, including a color-coded border.
- Chat window is now more transparent.
- Added /g command. This is equivalent to /gchat command (guild chat).
- Whisper text now shows up on all chat tabs.
- Whisper messages and admin announcements auto-open the chat panel.
- Auto-switch to the appropriate tab (such as Party and Guild) if you type text to that channel and are not in a tab that shows the text.
- PageUp/PageDown cycle through chat tabs when text entry is active.
- Chat panel now auto-opens if you type text and press Enter while the panel is closed.
- Chat text entry deactivates after entering text.
- Chat panel no longer closes if you press Enter on a blank line.
- Additional miscellaneous bug fixes.
- Fixed known bugs that caused players to sometimes lose items.
- Fixed a bug with the Nanoforge that caused it to inaccurately modify the stats of higher-quality items.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused Unique items to drop without special properties. Old unique items that did not have special properties are not changed by this patch. We are looking into whether we can fix the old items, but we don't currently have a solution.
- Fixed various known issues which prevented players from being able to continue interrupted side-quests.
- Quest items should no longer remain in the player inventory after the associated quest has been completed. Players with old quest items (such as Train Parts) associated with quests they've already completed or no longer have should find these items removed upon logging in.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented players from receiving credit for killing the (5 Lies) in The Hellgate quest. Players should now be able to properly advance in this quest.
- In order to obtain the Fawkes Force Five item, the player must have completed Stopping Some Guy quest and not have the '˜Blueprints of Fawkes Force Five' or '˜Fawkes Force Five' in their inventory or stash. If they completed the quest and don't have the Blueprints or Fawkes Force Five, then it rewards them with a completed Fawkes Force Five.
- Fixed known bugs which prevented Engineer Drones from saving properly.
- Fixed an incorrect modifier causing Special Effect Attack Strengths in PvP situations to be much higher than intended.
- Fixed known issues which occasionally prevented characters from being able to load or switch instances.
- Fixed several issues with players getting stuck in the world.
- Fixed a bug causing players to become stuck at St. Pauls in Nightmare difficulty.
- Portals to party members should now automatically close if the associated party member leaves the game.
So if I paid for a subscription to get more character slots and now they're giving everyone 24 of them, can I get my money back?