Neverwinter: Menzoberranzan Module Live
Category: News ArchiveHits: 1225
Arriving together with the D&D Direct event, the Menzoberranzan module is now live for Cryptic Studios' free to play MMORPG Neverwinter. Featuring a new adventure penned by R.A. Salvatore and Geno Salvatore and connected to The Way of the Drow series, this module will let us explore the fabled drow city, face new foes, and enjoy some assorted quality of life improvements.
You can find a number of developer blogs highlighting the module's various features over here, and check out the official launch trailer below:
Here's a press release with some additional details:
AMSTERDAM, Netherlands – Tuesday, March 28 – Today, during Wizards of the Coast’s Dungeons & Dragons (D&D) Direct, Gearbox Publishing and Cryptic Studios shared a new trailer revealing that Neverwinter’s 25th module, Menzoberranzan, is available now on PC, PlayStation and Xbox consoles.
The new expansion for the free-to-play Dungeons & Dragons MMORPG brings the epic conclusion of the two-part storyline and campaign written in collaboration with New York Times best-selling author R.A. Salvatore and Geno Salvatore --- that was first introduced in the previous module, Northdark Reaches.
For the first time ever in Neverwinter, players will be able to explore the drow city of Menzoberranzan, the fabled home of the legendary Dungeons & Dragons character Drizzt Do’Urden. Inspired by R.A. Salvatore’s hit trilogy book series, The Way of the Drow, players will encounter beloved D&D characters, including Drizzt, and experience the events that occur between the final two books, Glacier’s Edge and Lolth's Warrior.
*Spoilers ahead for those who have not completed the story content in the latest game update, Northdark Reaches*
Following the events of Northdark Reaches, Jarlaxle Baenre, leader of the Bregan D'aerthe mercenary company, has returned to the legendary City of Spiders, Menzoberranzan, after being reunited with the illustrious scout Braelin Janquay. The stench of civil war looms on the horizon, and rumors of a long-forgotten artifact threaten to turn the tides in Lolth's favor. The Underdark will succumb to chaos if such power falls into the wrong hands. To stop the civil war from becoming a reality, you’ll need to join the ex-drider forces of the Blaspheme and delve into the darkness once more to save the great city of Menzoberranzan.
Menzoberranzan introduces plenty of playable content and exciting updates for all Neverwinter adventurers, including:
Neverwinter is a free-to-play action MMORPG featuring fast-paced combat and epic dungeons. Players explore the vast city of Neverwinter and its surrounding lands, learning the vivid history of the iconic city in the Forgotten Realms and battling its many enemies. Neverwinter is available on PC and is free to play digitally on Xbox (Xbox Live Gold membership not required) and PlayStation (PlayStation®Plus not required) consoles.
- New Adventure by R.A. Salvatore and Geno Salvatore - Join the revolution and experience the epic conclusion of a two-part storyline and campaign written in collaboration with New York Times bestselling author R.A. Salvatore and Geno Salvatore
- New campaign lets you experience the events that occur between the final two books of The Way of the Drow series,Glacier’s Edge andLolth's Warrior.
- Menzoberranzan Adventure Zone & Campaign - For the first time ever, explore the drow city of Menzoberranzan, the fabled home of the legendary Dungeons & Dragons character Drizzt Do’Urden. In this new zone, you’ll need to avoid drow patrols and evade assassins as you assist the drow rebellion.
- The adventure zone includes the following new features:
- New Quests – Embark on epic quests, encounter beloved Dungeons & Dragons Forgotten Realms characters, including Drizzt Do’Urden and experience the great city of Menzoberranzan.
- New Bosses – While exploring this new zone, expect to encounter both friend and foe in challenging battles, including the deadliest bosses within Menzoberranzan, and take on heroic encounters.
- New Rewards – By successfully completing quests, you can unearth new epic rewards including new Underdark weapons, artifacts, mount insignias and combat enchantments.
- New Trial - Drawn to the power of the Eye of Odran, the Beholder deity Gzemnid has taken physical form within his reliquary. Challenge him in a New Trial, a celebration of 10 years of Neverwinter!
- Quality of Life Improvements - This new module introduces new quality of life improvements, including balancing updates to companions, new Insignia-specific updates to the mount system and new rewards for all appointment store events
And if you log into the game between now and April 4, 2023, you'll be able to claim a bundle of promotional goodies. More on that:
Free D&D Direct VIP Pack!
We are also celebrating the D&D Direct event alongside our friends at Wizards of the Coast! Starting today, March 28 (12pm PT) and ending Tuesday, April 4, 2023 (7:30am PT), log into Neverwinter and claim your free D&D Direct VIP Pack from the Zen Market. The pack includes:
Pack can be claimed once per account. Items are bind to account.
- 7 Days of VIP
- 5x Scrolls of Life
- 1x Health Stone
- Title: Faerûn’s Hope (Account-wide)
- 75x Companion Tokens