Category: News ArchiveHits: 1296
Those of you looking to revisit SimTex' iconic spellslinging 4X with RPG elements Master of Magic can now do so in style, as MuHa Games' remake of the game is now available on Steam and GOG, priced at $39.99 or your regional equivalent. The remake offers updated visuals, improved AI, enhanced customization, new in-game events, and more.
And if that doesn't sound like something you want or need, you can also get the Classic version of the game. Still, here's a trailer for the remake:
And it's official description:
Master of Magic is a combination of an RPG and a strategy game, a remake of a classic from the 90s.
In Master of Magic you take up the role of one of 14 unique and diverse great wizards who compete with each other to dominate the worlds of Arcanus and Myrror. Choose from different schools of magic and fantasy races to command, then lead your minions and expand your influence and power across the land.
Recruit and command mighty armies of elves, dragons, dwarves, orcs and many more. Support them with powerful spells. Fight tactical turn-based battles and affect the outcome with your magic.
Research new spells, engage in alchemy, perform rituals and use your arcane powers to change the world around you. Always beware of the machinations of your rival wizards, who seek to reach your same goals. But in the end, remember: there can be only one Master of Magic.
- 14 unique playable powerful wizards
- 5 schools of magic and 18 traits to customize your wizard
- Over 60 special abilities
- Over 200 spells to research
- 14 fantasy races to command, including elves, dwarves, trolls, draconians, orcs, klackons, gnolls and many more
- 196 unique unit types
- Over 250 unique magical items, as well as custom crafting
- Two parallel dimensional planes, Arcanus and Myrror