Dungeons & Dragons Online: Isle of Dread Expansion Available
Category: News ArchiveHits: 1948
The Isle of Dread expansion for Dungeons & Dragons Online, also known as Update 55, is now live. The expansion is built around a beloved classic D&D adventure and features an increased level cap, a new playable race, new character-building options, monsters, and more.
Here's the official launch trailer:
And some extra details:
The Isle of Dread has arrived!
A mysterious island reappears off the coast of Stormreach and Foxpaw has been kidnapped by pirates to be dragged away to the island. To make matters worse, the Cult of Vecna has been sighted in the region. It can't be a coincidence. Prehistoric dangers await any that step onto the island's shores...if they can survive the passage.
Explore the island's mysterious ruins, encounter fearsome foes, gather new powerful items, play as the new Tabaxi race, and uncover what the Cult of Vecna is planning. The Isle of Dread is available to purchase now! Players that purchase the expansion now will receive immediate access to ingame items, cosmetics, and the all-new Tabaxi race! Learn more on DDO.com. Get started with Isle of Dread by speaking to Zalnathe the Dread Bundle Item Vendor to get any items with your purchase, and speak to Wulth Sulfork to travel to the Isle of Dread! Both NPCs are located in The Harbor past the Hut from Beyond on the Stormreach docks.
Key Features Include:
- Level Cap Increase and Heroic Play! – With the Isle of Dread expansion, DDO’s level cap has increased to 32! This is the first level cap increase since 2015. Isle of Dread includes questing and adventures that can be played by characters of Heroic Level 7 and Legendary level 30+.
- New Adventures Based On Classic D&D! – The Isle of Dread module comes to life in all new quests and a massive adventure area filled with dangerous dinosaurs! Traverse tarpits, navigate ancient ruins, and uncover Vecna’s devious plans.
- New Monsters – Fight familiar foes like Triceratops, T-Rex, and other infamous Dinosaurs, but also face off against other D&D creatures like the Kopru and Ettercaps!
- New Playable Character Race: Tabaxi – Get access to the new playable Tabaxi character race with any edition of the Isle of Dread expansion! Use your feline agility to claw your way through the island’s dangers.
- New Iconic Hero: Trailblazer – Get access to the Trailblazer Iconic Hero when you choose the Ultimate Editions of the expansion! Strike down your foes with all new staff fighting abilities exclusive to the Trailblazer.
- Gather and Craft New Gear – Isle of Dread will debut an all new customizable Dinosaur-bone crafting system, and showcase new pirate-inspired gear, new Sentient Artifacts to hunt for, and new Augments to customize your gear!
- Permanent Raptor Hireling – Form your own hunting pack with a permanent Raptor Hireling named Teal! Available in the Collector’s and Ultimate editions of Saltmarsh. The Collector’s Raptor supports Heroic level 7, while the Ultimate Fan Bundle Raptor supports level 30.