Titan Quest: Eternal Embers Expansion Released
Category: News ArchiveHits: 3688
I guess after Ragnarök and Atlantis, we should no longer be surprised when Titan Quest gets a new expansion, but even so, the release of Eternal Embers, the fourth expansion for the venerable action-RPG, has managed to sneak up on us. Priced at $19.99 or your regional equivalent, the expansion is now available on both Steam and GOG.
Set in the mystic realms of the Far East, Eternal Embers introduces four acts worth of content, a new mastery tree, a bunch of new enemies and bosses, and some new systems. Here's the official release trailer:
And an overview of the expansion's key features:
Summoned by the legendary Emperor Yao, the Hero is called back into the East to deal with a demonic threat that has been ravaging the land after the Telkine was slain. Upon tracking it down, the Hero and his comrades realize that the appearance of the ancient peril, Qiong Qi, was no mere coincidence and that something much more sinister is afoot...
Eternal Embers Quest
New 11th mastery
- A whole new epic quest line spanning 4 acts, accompanied by 15 additional side quests, playable exclusively in Legendary difficulty
- The player wanders through the fantastic vistas of the orient climbing to the heavens themselves and traversing the mazes of the realm of the Dragon King. From such ethereal heights to the scorching sands and temple ruins of mighty Egypt the player goes but where the path ends only destiny knows.
30+ new enemies and bosses
- Become a master of Neidan, a mystical alchemist who uses deadly concoctions and abilities to annihilate his enemies
- By using the legendary powers of the ancient Neidan masters, ultimate wielders of Chi, the player unlocks hidden potential of the self to the detriment of every enemy that stands in the way of the player’s destiny. The elemental powers and blessings of demigods and the will of ancient emperors stands at the player’s fingertips.
New weapons and gear
- From the exotic beasts of the Far Eastern legends to the proud and vain deities looking to test your worthiness in battle
Additional gameplay mechanics
- Find new and powerful gear, from masterfully crafted Oriental armors to weapons that could strike down the gods themselves
- New relics and charms to make your gear even more powerful
- 7 new types of potions, to boost various stats and give you an edge in combat; all of them sharing a cooldown, independent from health/mana potions and scrolls
TQ tools improvements
- Improved rendering and performance
- Improved region loading near dungeons
- Gamepad support
- The ability to scale objects directly in Editor, improved object selection, replacement and rotation tools in, fixed issues with the palette
- Ability to toggle collision and shadow rendering directly in Editor
- Improved sound and music system, new type of sound objects with dynamic range of sound distance, ability to preview of sound/music files in Editor
- Improved stability of the Art Manager, improvements of the UI, new and improved shortcuts
- Lots of small improvements