Category: News ArchiveHits: 383
Lost Pilgrims Studio intends to launch their post-apocalyptic fantasy RPG Vagrus: The Riven Realms out of early access later this year. But for now, we get a new early access update that allows you to actually complete a playthrough. The update also adds a decent chunk of fresh content, improves the game's UI, and fixes a few bugs.
Here's more on that:
with so many of you well over the hundred hours mark in the game, it was high time for us to add the opportunity to actually win it. The first winning condition we have implemented is the Renown victory. The other two, Wealth and Knowledge will become available in the 1.0 release later this year.
No worries, though, meeting the winning condition and actually retiring with your vagrus are two separate things. Even after you are able to win the game, you can decide to continue playing and trigger the victory screen later in the associated in-game Event, essentially postponing the victory (and the game's end).
The Movement (Warning: mild spoilers in this paragraph!)
The Abolitionist faction is a secretive one that only engages a vagrus when they see a like-minded individual, so many players have never met them. Still, even the vagri who did may have felt that their reach was rather limited in the previous builds. With this release, they receive a new mechanic that allows players to unlock interactions with them in many other locations over time as they gain the trust of the faction. This spreading mechanic also serves as the means to get faction Tasks from them in those unlocked locations and even have the chance to increase their faction presence in the settlement of your choosing.
There are a number of other improvements as well, detailed in the patch notes below.
Important Note: Considering the extent of these improvements there is little to no chance that we broke nothing in the process. Assume that we did not want to make anyone's life harder. If you see something amiss, please flag it to us using the usual channels, like the inbuild reporting tool (F1 button), forums, and our Discord server.
Now let's jump into the details:
Patch 0.7.00 - Codename: The Famous and the Furtive
- Renown Ambition can be selected during vagrus creation
- Renown win condition implemented (triggered by the player from an Event)
- The option to change from Freeplay to Renown Ambition added (at the same location as the Renown victory Event chain)
- Callings now grant a temporary commission boost on the applicable Tasks (Trade or Mercenary)
- A great number of market, task, and equipment related tweaks
- Shorter initial loading time
User Interface Improvements
- Option to unlock Abolitionist faction locations in numerous settlements via contacting cells
- A new NPC and quest line added that leads up to Renown victory (but part of the Event chain is playable by any vagri)
- New types of Wyrm enemies added
- New Jhakra and Legionnaire visual variations added
- Companion combat area targeting perspective added
- Leader UI rearranged a bit so the vagrus's details would not overlap
- Companion Perk UI runs a bit smoother (but still needs further improvement)
- Various trade and Task generation related fixes and tweaks
- Very rare Kindly Sister VIT to POW convert crash fixed
- Occasional Oghre Tantrum crash fixed
- Encourage now works during +1 Days in Events
- Liberating slaves now yields the correct amount of reputation with the Abolitionists
- Several animation sizes have been fixed
- Applied a great number of combat decal refinements
- Various other UI and/or bug fixes
'Is Vagrus properly balanced now?' - Nope.
- Companion Perk UI is bugged and lags - this will be fixed in a later build
'Was it a step in the right direction?' - We think so. Please let us know how you find it.
Coming Up Next
Crew and Settlement User Interface update and the first set of Companion loyalty questlines are inbound.
Between July 24 and 31, we are participating in DreamHack Beyond with Vagrus. Find us in the festivals' virtual world in Hall: Normal Hive 4 in the RPG Games room. You can claim a free ticket though the following link: DreamHack Beyond.
Stay tuned, stay alive, conquer the wasteland!
- The Lost Pilgrims Team