Category: News ArchiveHits: 322
With Warhorse Studios now part of Koch Media's new Prime Matter label, we get a quick announcement letting us know that Warhorse's historical RPG Kingdom Come: Deliverance will be coming to Nintendo Switch at some point in the future.
Here's a press release with some additional information:
Koch Media and Warhorse Studios are happy to announce the joining of Warhorse Studios to the newly created Prime Matter label of Koch Media. The successful Czech game developer sold nearly 4 million copies of Kingdom Come: Deliverance on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One to date, and is stepping into the new Prime Matter label as an established legacy studio of Koch Media. To celebrate, Warhorse Studios and Koch Media today announce the release of Kingdom Come: Deliverance on the Nintendo Switch.
Regarding the move to Prime Matter:
“We have come a long way from founding Warhorse Studios in 2011 to the successful release of Kingdom Come: Deliverance in 2018," said Tobias Stolz-Zwilling, PR Manager at Warhorse Studios. "As Koch Media supported us at the start, we are now happy to return the favor and support the newly established Prime Matter label as one of its legacy partners."
“Warhorse Studios quickly established themselves as valuable addition to the Koch Media family. Adding Warhorse Studios to our new premium label not only adds promising future titles but also a lot of talent and experience.” - Mario Gerhold, Global Brand And Marketing Director at Koch Media.
About Kingdom Come: Deliverance Switch:
Kingdom Come: Deliverance for Nintendo Switch was born out of a “happy mistake.” At the end of 2020, the Kingdom Come: Deliverance Royal Edition was announced for the PlayStation 4 in Japan. Due to a clerical error, the game was also listed for the Nintendo Switch, which at that time was not in the plans. The ‘mistake’ was fixed right away, but the information spread. However, the overwhelming feedback was eye-opening and an integral part in decision making later. Sabre Interactive, also a legacy studio of Koch Media, has proven on multiple occasions that they are the right partners for this endeavor to make the unthinkable thinkable, and were tasked with bringing Kingdom Come: Deliverance to the Nintendo Switch.
“It is amazing to see how much involvement and influence gamers worldwide can have on game development. The overwhelming feedback and fan reaction made us reconsider our opportunities and made us sit down with Sabre Interactive, who is the perfect candidate for this ambitious undertaking," said Tobias Stolz-Zwilling, PR Manager at Warhorse Studios.
About Kingdom Come: Deliverance:
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance is a story-driven open world RPG that immerses you in an epic adventure in the Holy Roman Empire. Avenge the death of your parents as you battle invading forces, go on game-changing quests, and make influential choices. Explore majestic castles, deep forests, thriving villages and countless other realistic settings in medieval Bohemia.
- Massive realistic open world: Majestic castles, vast fields, all rendered in stunning high-end graphics
- Non-linear story: Solve quests in multiple ways, then face the consequences of your decisions
- Challenging combat: Distance, stealth, or melee. Choose your weapons and execute dozens of unique combos in battles that are as thrilling as they are merciless
- Character development: Choose your equipment, improve your skills, and earn new perks
- Dynamic world: Your actions influence the reactions of the people around you. Fight, steal, seduce, threaten, persuade, or bribe. It’s all up to you
- Historical accuracy: Meet real historical characters and experience the genuine look and feel of medieval Bohemia