Category: News ArchiveHits: 629
MuHa Games, the developers behind the Thea series of strategy/RPG hybrids, are apparently working on a remake of 1994's Master of Magic together with Slitherine Games. The remake is currently slated for a 2022 release, promising a combination of an RPG and a strategy game featuring 14 unique wizards, 5 schools of magic with over 200 spells between them, and a plethora of fantasy creatures to fight turn-based battles with.
Here's the official reveal trailer:
A developer interview:
And the game's official description:
Master of Magic is a combination of an RPG and a strategy game, a remake of a classic from the 90s.
In Master of Magic you take up the role of one of 14 unique and diverse great wizards who compete with each other to dominate the worlds of Arcanus and Myrror. Choose from different schools of magic and fantasy races to command, then lead your minions and expand your influence and power across the land.
Recruit and command mighty armies of elves, dragons, dwarves, orcs and many more. Support them with powerful spells. Fight tactical turn-based battles and affect the outcome with your magic.
Research new spells, engage in alchemy, perform rituals and use your arcane powers to change the world around you. Always beware of the machinations of your rival wizards, who seek to reach your same goals. But in the end, remember: there can be only one Master of Magic.
- 14 unique playable powerful wizards
- 5 schools of magic and 18 traits to customize your wizard
- Over 60 special abilities
- Over 200 spells to research
- 14 fantasy races to command, including elves, dwarves, trolls, draconians, orcs, klackons, gnolls and many more
- 196 unique unit types
- Over 250 unique magical items, as well as custom crafting
- Two parallel dimensional planes, Arcanus and Myrror