Category: News ArchiveHits: 512
If you have fond memories of the Legacy of Kain series, you might be interested in Deadhaus Sonata, a new game from Denis Dyack who you may know as the director of Blood Omen.
Described as a narrative-driven action-RPG, Deadhaus Sonata will let you play as an undead creature engaging in fast-paced combat, discovering endless loot, and participating in all manner of story content, some of it, community-created.
Right now, you can check out the game’s Steam page or the official website that features an extensive FAQ and allows you to support the project during the early stages of development and get access to its early Ages.
These Ages are an interesting feature that replaces the traditional Alpha and Beta releases and allows you to leave a permanent mark on the game’s world. At the moment, the game’s First Age is scheduled to go live sometime around Q4 2021.
Here’s a video describing this feature and showing off some early gameplay:
And here's the game’s official description:
From the Creator of Legacy of Kain and Eternal Darkness. Deadhaus Sonata is a Narrative Driven Action RPG where you play the Undead fighting the living. An unstoppable force from Deadhaus, you are a monster among men, dealing death and destruction on a massive scale.
- Play the Dead - Play as Vampires, Ghouls, Revenants, Liches, Wights, Banshees, and Wraiths, Deadhaus Sonata focuses on asymmetric gameplay as you explore the grim world of Malorum.
- Fast Paced Combat - Tear through hordes of enemies in visceral combat, through magick, melee, and terrifyingly gruesome attacks.
- Endless loot - Collect unlimited amounts of distinct and unique weapons, armour, and artifacts. Use this loot to customize your character in a variety of ways and shape how your character fits into the complex political system of the realm.
- Take Initiative - You make choices that have a lasting, maybe even permanent, affect on your character, and potentially on the world at large.Community Driven Content - Create characters, levels, quests, and more using various creation tools that will be introduced into the Deadhaus world.
- 6 Player Co-op - Play with up to 6 people and assist each other in wreaking havoc on the living.