Category: News ArchiveHits: 442
Earlier this year, the teams over at Neon Giant and Curve Digital announced The Ascent, a stylish cyberpunk action-RPG. The game was originally supposed to launch sometime this year. However, we now have this Steam announcement pushing The Ascent’s release window to 2021.
Together with the above news, we also get a quick developer-narrated video that highlights the game’s setting and characters, as well as its combat and area design. Check it out:
And here’s some general information about this title:
Having first turned heads during Microsoft’s showcase back in May, we're excited to announce that multiplayer action-RPG The Ascent will launch on PC in 2021.
To celebrate the launch news, we've put together a short video to showcase an update on development and illustrate a variety of features coming to The Ascent when it launches next year.
The Ascent will feature:
- A free-roam play style in a cyberpunk inspired dystopian world
- Classic RPG mechanics to enable players to build up their character including cyberwear, augmentations and looting
- An unprecedented sense of verticality within its world, with different levels and platforms discernible within play
- Double-aim mechanic enables players to utilise the full screen and choose between multiple targets anywhere in the environment
- A narrative-led adventure playable in single and up to four-player co-op modes