Category: News ArchiveHits: 491
Right now, inXile Entertainment is working on a big patch for their recently released post-apocalyptic RPG Wasteland 3. But for the time being, we get this smaller update aimed at improving the game’s stability, fixing some pressing co-op issues, and adjusting a number of quests and systems. Here are the patch notes:
Thank you to everyone for your support as we continue to add to and improve Wasteland 3. This update was focused on a lot of the issues we've heard about from you the most, and we're hoping it goes a long way toward improving your play experience.
However, we're not done yet. Our next patch is a big one, and contains hundreds of individual changes including fixes, balance improvements, and load time reduction. Please be aware of our Known Issues list for issues we're aware of and working to resolve. Thanks for your patience, and see you in the wasteland.
Wasteland 3 – 1.1.1 Patch Notes
- Numerous changes aimed at improving stability on consoles.
- Co-op fixes for load screens stopping at 33%.
- Antique Appraiser has been appropriately balanced.
Performance and Stability
- We’ve made over a dozen individual changes aimed at improving performance and stability, especially on consoles.
- We’re continuing work on additional improvements for future updates.
- Some slight load time improvements have been made.
- We’re finalizing some more impactful load time reductions which you’ll see in a future patch.
- Fixed an issue where if computer consoles were used during combat, game performance would decrease.
- Performance has been improved when using Precision Strike.
Quests and Gameplay
- Load screen hangs (i.e. 33% load bug) have largely been resolved for co-op games.
- In a few cases the load bar may appear to be stuck at 33% but will eventually load after 5 or more minutes. We’re aware and actively working to resolve these.
- Addressed an issue with the Direct Connect option that was preventing some guests from connecting to their hosts.
- Fixed crash that could occur in co-op while players engaged with Major Prasad.
- Players with different build versions are now blocked from playing with each other.
- [Xbox One] Resolved an issue where the user would not be able to join a second game if it was hosted by the same person.
- The Antiques Appraiser perk no longer triggers on Scrap.
- This closes a loophole in which Scrap could be simply bought and sold for a profit using the Antiques Appraiser perk. We found that in some cases the perk was giving players far too much money when Scrap was included.
- Of note, this change will not be reflected in the text descriptions until a subsequent patch.
- Antiques Appraiser now has a 5% chance to multiply the value of Junk by 40x, down from 50x.
- A persistent issue with the Fishlips encounter which would result in the game locking up has been resolved.
- Resolved an issue where the epilogue song would sometimes not play all the way through.
- Merchants now round up item values, instead of down. Buying in bulk is always better!
- Liberty’s Warbots are now immune to hacking, which should make her appropriately more challenging.
- Resolved an issue where the Survival Skill was granting Animal Whisperer abilities.
- Resolved an issue where some missions related to the Gippers were unable to be completed under specific conditions.
- Resolved an issue where players were being charged the correct amount of skill points on purchase, but the tooltip and the bar were using the wrong value to calculate/display the cost.