Category: News ArchiveHits: 414
The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet of Chaos is an upcoming video game adaptation of a popular French audio series. And while the original audio series is essentially just a parody of role-playing games and heroic fantasy tropes, the video game we’re talking about here is described as a challenging tactical RPG full of humor, surprises and silly encounters. Barring any delays, the game should be coming to Steam later this summer.
And if you’d like to learn more about this curious title, you may want to watch this gameplay trailer presented by Felicia Day who will be voicing one of the characters:
And then, there’s also this extended bit of gameplay:
Check out the game’s description:
Are you ready to dive into a tactical RPG chock-full of charm, humor and crazy characters?!
They are clumsy, inexperienced and feisty but...they’ll have to endure each other’s company to get the dungeon’s treasure.
However, a feeling of déjà-vu quickly arises...
Guide this team of unlikely heroes in an adventure full of humor and chaos!
The Naheulbeuk universe is an original creation by French author John Lang. It started as a very popular audio comedy series parodying role-playing games and heroic fantasy tropes. Now the story is available in English and as a video game for the first time!
A Less Than Ideal Team of Heroes
- Play with seven classic role-playing game characters complementing each other’s skills as you level them up: the Ranger, the Elf, the Dwarf, the Magician, the Ogre and the Thief!
- Every member of the team has their own skill tree to upgrade their abilities and equipment.
- Choose one of three additional companions to join the team on their adventure!
A Dreadful Dungeon
- Exciting turn-based battles, with creative support mechanics between team members.
- An adaptive difficulty system: from an accessible and fun story mode with simplified combat to the “nightmare mode” where the smallest tactical errors will doom you!
- An expansive bestiary (more than 100 enemies!) pushing you to think more tactically with every fight.
- Epic boss battles where you’ll have to muster both strength and smarts to emerge victorious!
- Hidden and destructive objects (including beer kegs) with surprising status effects will turn the tide of battle for the better...or worse!
- Explore a huge and surprising dungeon from the cave up to the luxury quarters of the evil lord Zangdar, passing through the goblin iceskating park and even an extremely lively tavern!
- Escape traps and solve deadly puzzles to unlock the most impressive treasures!
- Bizarre conversations, absurd situations and unusual encounters await!
- Experience an exciting main storyline and many side quests for your heroes