Category: News ArchiveHits: 362
Grinding Gear Games rolled out the 3.9.2 patch for their free to play action-RPG Path of Exile a few days back. The patch primarily focused on the new mechanics introduced by the game’s latest Conquerors of the Atlas expansion and the Metamorph challenge league, but it also fixed a number of general bugs and issues. Here are the patch notes:
- Added a new vendor recipe for Metamorph organs. Three of any organs can be given to receive a random organ differing from those offered, with random rewards.
- Fixed a bug which caused Metamorph bosses to become unfreezable. They can once again be frozen, however they have a higher ailment threshold relative to map bosses with similar amounts of Life.
- Adjusted a number of Metamorph skills, including the Reliquarian's Firestorm, the Shavronne & Brutus Hover Slam, Tentacle Miscreation projectile skills, the tracking Mortar skills (including those used by Oriath zombies and Kitava's Heralds), Burning and Caustic Ground-creating skills and several others. In general, these will now either deal less damage or be easier to avoid.
- Increased the timeout for the Tane's Laboratory area closing when empty.
- Fixed an uncommon case where Metamorph organs were missing when the area had been cleared.
- Fixed a bug where players could sometimes get trapped in the vat in Tane's Laboratory.
- Fixed some of Tane's talk options being available at the wrong time.
- Visual effects from monsters that give organs dying now correctly remain rather than being removed shortly after.
The Awakener fight:
- Fixed the incorrect Atlas quest information being shown after migrating a character.
- Fixed a bug where Citadels were still being hidden when the boss encounter was not available.
- Fixed a bug where Influence items were not dropping from monsters in maps influenced by Conquerors of the Atlas (they could drop from chests).
- Fixed a bug where the "Defeat Conquerors Conditionally" challenge conditions were sometimes not completing correctly.
- Fixed a bug where the Conquerors of the Atlas bosses would retarget when taunted.
- Added new lore objects to the Conqueror of the Atlas boss areas.
Other fixes and improvements:
- The Awakener has been decreased to level 81 from 84 at Awakening levels 1 to 5, increasing by one for each additional Awakening level. He is still level 84 at Awakening level 8, and this only affects the item levels of his drops.
- Specifically reduced the damage on a majority of The Awakener's skills at everything below Awakening level 8.
- Prevented the storms in The Awakener fight from being able to occupy the space near the arena entrance, so you no longer can enter and be inside a storm.
- Changed the behaviour of the storms so they no longer pursue the player or their minions. Instead they more organically maneuvere the arena in a way that should cause more openings to travel around freely while still applying some limitation.
- Adjusted The Awakener Storm and Desolation skills to do less damage to minions.
- Increased the damage of The Awakener's Multiclone Beam skill.
- Fixed a bug which could result in the Awakener fight not progressing if he traveled too far in a single Throne Phase.
- Fixed issues when playing in a party where the effects from the Meteor skills could be invisible.
- Improved the visibility of the The Awakener's Desolation ground effects.
- Removed the blocking terrain from the stairs in The Awakener arena.
- Added 3D art for The Ivory Tower unique body armour.
- Fixed DirectX 11 implementation that would use too much memory. Affecting mainly Windows 7 users, and Windows 10 users with old GPUs.
- Fixed a bug where Awakened Cast on Crit was adding a cooldown to supported skills.
- Fixed the new influence gem level mods incorrectly snapshotting.
- Fixed a bug in some cases where the Volatile Dead limit was not being enforced.
- Fixed more cases where multiple Vaal Side areas could spawn attached to an area.
- Fixed a bug where Sulphite could not be gathered in areas above level 83.
- Fixed the item filter settings not saving when using languages other than English.
- Fixed a bug where updating an item filter on the website would de-select it in-game.
- Fixed item names displaying incorrectly on rare items when using the Russian language.
- Re-straightened the curved paths on the world map.