Category: News ArchiveHits: 608
Heavy Metal, the latest expansion for Harebrained Schemes' BattleTech, is now live. You can grab it from Steam or GOG for $19.99 or your regional equivalent, or get it as part of BattleTech's Season Pass, and enjoy a new mini-campaign, eight new mechs and eight new weapons. Check out the official release trailer:
The expansion is accompanied by a free 1.8 update that adds numerous new features to the base game, including a couple of new mechs and even official mod support. You can find a detailed list of the new stuff over here, while this Kickstarter update offers a quick overview:
The first is free Update 1.8, which contains two beloved BattleMechs: the Warhammer and the Marauder! These classic ‘Mech chassis are equipped with unique components that reflect their place in BT lore:
In addition to the two free ‘Mechs, there’s a bunch more cool additions in 1.8:
- WARHAMMER (70 Tons) - Its Optimized Capacitor Feeds increase the damage of all equipped Energy weapons.
- MARAUDER (75 Tons) - Its Lance Command Module decreases the damage taken by it and its allies and gives a boost to Called Shots.
- Official Mod Support - With this release of BATTLETECH, we are introducing official mod support to the game and now support the ModTek format that the modding community are currently using. We’ve also added new mod management UI to the main menu to streamline mod use. As usual, use mods at your own risk. In-game modding tools are not included.
- New Maps - Two new maps bring even more variety to your contracts: Jumbled Karst (an iconic rock formation set between two valleys), and Boulder Field (rolling hills and rocks dot this battle scarred landscape)
- New contracts - Over 40 new contracts, including new persistent allied and enemy NPCs, and new contract variants that mix up the gameplay you’ve seen in new and unexpected ways. Battle a dangerous solo mercenary, train a group of overly enthusiastic rookies, and serve as the personal bodyguard of an arrogant noble.
- New Events - We’ve added a slew of new mercenary travel Events to “enhance” your mercenary life.
- Rebalanced Stores & LosTech - We’ve completely overhauled how weapons and equipment appear in our stores. Finding items is now more straightforward. We’ve also given LosTech items a boost in power to fit their legendary status.
- New Star Map Weapon Store Filters - We’ve added a new filter dropdown to the star map that lets you view planetary industry by type and a tooltip that tells you what you can find in each star system.
- Mech Viewer - Get a close-up view, rotate and customize your ‘Mech paint pattern directly in the MechLab!
- New Merc Company Crests - Scads of new emblems to choose from for your mercenary company, drawn from notable factions throughout the Inner Sphere. Roleplay your heart out!